• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AccuracyE57 FileFloor PlansMeasurementsQuestions

Has anyone compare MP floor plans with dimension mode?18830

ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Had a client ask for MP floor plans so I ordered them. I was surprised to see these discrepancies. The one is a clip from the floor plan and the other is a screenshot of the measurement of the same room. Over a foot in 15', not a good average. Has any one see this big of discrepancy?

So the bad part is which of the two are correct, I cannot access the property to verify, it was open for bid and now no access. Scanned with a Pro3 camera.
Post 1 IP   flag post
daslack private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Ron, in my experience I would put more stock in the dimension that you are snapping in the model than the one on the schematic floor plan. I have used the Pro 2 and Pro 3 on various construction projects where I have the physical measurements of the property and the in-model dimensions are usually pretty close.

I experimented with this on a remodeling job. I scanned the property with the Pro 3 and Cubicasa with an iPhone 14 Pro. I also took physical measurements of the property. I ordered floorplans from both Matterport and Cubicasa for comparison. They both had some dimensions that were off, but the Matterport floor plan was closer to accurate. Cubicasa produces Matterport's schematic floor plans for them, and I am unclear how they go about it. I am not sure if they just snap dimensions from the model or use another method. That being said, snapping dimensions may have some margin of error for each drawing and may depend on the person doing the measurements as well.

I scanned a new home that I built with the Pro 2, got an e57 file from the scan and sent it off to be converted into a dimensioned CAD floor plan. I was very pleased with how accurate the dimensions were in that scenario. A bit off topic as the schematic floor plan and an E57 are two completely different animals. A sidebar, you actually encouraged me to try the E57 out during a previous exchange on this forum, thanks.

Short story long, hope that helps.

Post 2 IP   flag post
@daslack thanks for the input, I agree model measurement tool probably most accurate, I should have taken reference measurement but had not anticipated request for floor plans. I just don't like the uncertainty of the discrepancy. I would hope they processed the floorplans from the E57 file, that should reduce this issue. As of right now MP support has passed me off to three support people with no answers. If they cannot guarantee some type of accuracy, I can't see how they can sell this when they have such an easy way to validate the final product, or they don't believe the tools accuracy either.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Just a quick update, Matterport did not address the reason the dimensions were off, they just sent an updated floorplan. The only issue with that was that they resized the wrong wall. They had two walls to consider resizing and even after I sent them screen shots. So what really concerns me now is that it does not look like they use the tools they created and make available to create the floor plans requested. I have been reviewing BIM software and found point cloud to BIM software is costly but very efficient. So without knowing the workflow from MP it is hard to critique the product other than to say I am going to ask for a refund and will not consider them as an option.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@ron0987 maybe you should try our x-ray style floormap, it was generated from the 3D mesh directly and fully automatic by server pc, not by a group of people.
So that our x-ray style floomap is cheap, fast and accurate. We can handle hundred of them within few hours.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
BTW you can do measure on the horizontal plate on our x-ray style floormap (on printed hardcopy, no computer required), just like you do measure in the showcase page.
Post 6 IP   flag post
103404 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?