Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 263 Unique Visitors
9,178 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 21,581 Page Views | 12,542 Unique Visitors | 33 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business DevelopmentCoStarICLV2024InmanMatterportQuestion of the Day

Question of the Day: What should I ask the CEO of CoStar about Matterport?20099

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

WGAN Question of the Day

Homes.com signage at Inman Connect Las Vegas 2024. "Homes.com Memberships include 3D tours and Floor Plans powered by Matterport | Image by Dan Smigrod

Question of the Day: What should I ask the CEO of CoStar about Matterport on WGAN-TV Live at 5?

Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Tuesday, 30 July 2024?

Question of the Day: What should I ask the CEO of CoStar about Matterport on WGAN-TV Live at 5?

At Inman Connect today (Tuesday, 30 July 2024), I spoke with a CoStar Group executive that is receptive to booking CoStar Group Founder and CEO Andy Florance on WGAN-TV Live at 5 after CoStar completes the pending acquisition of Matterport expected by the end of 2024. (CoStar still needs to complete an FTC review of the pending acquisition.)

I could imagine asking the following questions, at the very least:

1. How does the acquisition of Matterport after Matterport Service Providers?
2. According to an article in Real Estate News (4 May 2024), CoStar plans to hire thousands of photographers to perform potentially hundreds of thousands of scans per month. Is this freelance work (or full-time employment?
3. Are you looking for experienced Matterport Service Providers or do you want to train from scratch or bother?
4. Will all Homes.com listings include a Matterport? (If so, how does that work?)
5. Will will other CoStar platforms also use Matterport tours as aggressively too?
6. Will CoStar's plans for the use of Matterport tours grow the use of Matterport in other ways too? How?
7. Will competitors such as Zillow.com and Realtor.com be able to continue to use Matterport? Do you think they will? And, will Matterport tours be rebranded: "Matterport powered by CoStar" or something similar? (How do you think competitors react to this?
8. Help us understand the Homes.com offering for real estate agents?
9. Will Matterport Project Genesis assets also be included in the Homes.com offering?
10. How should Matterport Service Providers reach-out to Homes.com?

Other questions that I should ask Andy on WGAN-TV Live at 5?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
will he create a map based search for homes.com like 3dvista of all for sale, sold and local businesses and points of interest that will have video spokesperson talking about each community?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I guess we all need to know if they are going to keep Matterport open for business tours or it is just going to be steered towards Real Estate.
Post 3 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
New plans and classic plans.

Will he harmonize business models for hosting. I would like to see a processing fee combined with lower monthly hosting cost on the new plan and migrate all classic models to this lower hosting fee vault.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennTremain
will he create a map based search for homes.com like 3dvista of all for sale, sold and local businesses and points of interest that will have video spokesperson talking about each community?

I thought homes.com has a map search; including local businesses and points of interest, based on a quick demo at Inman. Perhaps, I was looking at new features or just assumed that the map of an agent's listings (current and past). I will revisit the demo and see if these features are available today. I will ask about the video spokesperson talking about reach community too.

Could that be a text-to-video feature using the Synthesia API?

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
I guess we all need to know if they are going to keep Matterport open for business tours or it is just going to be steered towards Real Estate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeshImages
New plans and classic plans.

Will he harmonize business models for hosting. I would like to see a processing fee combined with lower monthly hosting cost on the new plan and migrate all classic models to this lower hosting fee vault.

Thanks for your questions.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
@DanSmigrod homes commercials are a man and women going into the communities to see what the bowling alley is like or the park,etc.

I see homes taking the community search to the next level with
https://www.tiktok.com/ [@] nailsoupmedia/video/7262045680028421419

combining google earth integrated into 3dvista and combining matterports with local UGC like this

https://www.tiktok.com/ [@] ugcwithsunny/video/7197462826984688938
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Homes.com | Neighborhood Search | Video courtesy of Homes.com YouTube Channel | 14 August 2024

Homes.com | Map Search Video: Homes.com | Map Search | Video courtesy of Homes.com YouTube Channel | 14 August 2024

Video: Homes.com | Search Smarter, Not Harder | Video courtesy of Homes.com YouTube Channel | 14 August 2024

Video: Homes.com | School Search | Video courtesy of Homes.com YouTube Channel | 14 August 2024

@GlennTremain

Homes.com (CoStar) has spent millions of dollars creating community content. I recall that they have already completed 100 of the top markets and plan to have all markets.

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
@DanSmigrod yep...now add 3dvista and have homes but points of interest with videos of UGCers talking about the POIs in the area
Post 9 IP   flag post
103470 9 9