Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 211 Unique Visitors
9,210 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 23,293 Page Views | 12,682 Unique Visitors | 32 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360Google Street ViewGSVQuestions

Three questions about Google Maps Immersive View19979

leon6782 private msg quote post Address this user
So, I've see the "route overview" feature in Google Maps over the past few months. I read a little bit about it HERE, pretty mind-blowing.

But then I saw an INTERIOR IMMERSIVE VIEW which I think is only viewable on mobile within GoogleMaps app. I know they've had the Street View feature for a while, but that was also kind of like a cheap jump through 360 style of interior tour. This is super smooth, almost like a video walk through, but it must have been created from a series of 360 photos.

-Does anyone have any experience creating these?

1. What equipment is used to capture?
2. How are those images processed?
3. How does it eventually get attached to a GoogleMaps listing?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
I'm going to answer, but it probably won't be satisfying.

My son and I were both included in the very first training for this process, at Googleplex in Mountain View, CA. We were two of 10 photographers assembled from across the U.S. to receive the full training. Okay, so that's the helpful part!

I suppose you won't be surprised to hear that we were all required to sign an NDA regarding the process, which I will respect, of course. What I feel able to say is that - Yes - the process is magical. After three days training and shooting demos, I understand fully how to shoot for the process, and I understand in principle what the processing algorithm accomplishes, but HOW it takes our sets of images and turns them into a butter-smooth video that looks like a drone fly-through, I haven't a clue. It truly is miraculous.

Perhaps I'm safe to tell you what doesn't happen. There is no drone involved. There is not even a video camera involved. The process of shooting for this is, truly strange. If you saw me shooting for this process you'd think I was either drunk or high. And for a site the size of the pizza store you linked, photography would take only 15 minutes.

Well, I warned you the explanation wouldn't be satisfying!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Home3D

I am glad that I was able to make the introduction that lead to you and your son, Eric, being among the first 10 photographers to get this training from Google.

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
That sounds very interesting and to some degree we can assume that Google is actually coming back to Street View and may start offering GBP owners to do it. Otherwise I do not see any reason why would the go ahead and train 3rd party photographers with something new coming to it.

@Home3D, Congrats on being chosen, it can lead you to getting a lot of work from business owners.
Post 4 IP   flag post
wedsguru private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman @Hasan_Akbas @DanSmigrod

Great may be GSV trusted get back to life, Wish to get back to life
Post 5 IP   flag post
103799 5 5