• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSVHow toWGANTV Live at 5

WGAN-TV-How to Publish to Google Street View from Matterport; +10 GSV FAQs19977

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Text Me 5 Minutes Before WGAN-TV is Live | WGAN-TV | How to Publish to Google Street View from Matterport +10 GSV Pro Tips: Part 1 of 2 | Guest: Wingman Media Brisbane Owner Michael Lysov | www.WingmanMedia.com.au | Thursday, 18 July 2024 | Episode: 222 | WGAN Forum Member Name: @Wingman

Google Street View Tour with Multiple Floors | Published via Matterport GSV Add On | Tour by: Wingman Media Brisbane Owner Michael Lysov

WGAN-TV | How to Publish to Google Street View from Matterport; +10 GSV FAQ Pro Tips for Common Problems (Solved)

Hi All,

-- How do you publish to Google Street View from a multi-floor Matterport virtual tour?
-- What are Google Street View "blue lines" and how can they be updated?
-- How can you improve the "walk around" experience of a Google Street View tour?

On WGAN-TV Live at 5 (1 pm ET / 5 am Brisbane, Australia) on Thursday, July 18, 2024, by guest is: Wingman Media Brisbane Owner Michael Lysov (@WingMan)

[Note: Special time for this episode: 1 pm Eastern Time (ET)]

Topic

WGAN-TV | How to Publish to Google Street View from Matterport; Plus, 10 GSV FAQ Pro Tips for Common Problems (Solved)

Here some of the questions that I will ask Mike to help get to at least 10 Google Street View Pro Tips for Matterport Service Providers that use the Matterport Add On for Google Street View:

Questions | Demo

1. How do I publish a Matterport tour to Google Street View?
2. How do I publish a Matterport tour with multiple floors to Google Street View?
3. How do I only publish some scans in my Matterport tour to Google Street View?
4. How do you un-publish a Google Street View tour using Matterport Workshop GSV Add On?
5. When you publish to Google Street View from Matterport, how are stairs handled?

6 How do I switch to publishing the same tour via the Client's Google Street View account?
7. What are chevrons on Google Street View?
8. How do you designate floors on Google Street View? What are: GL, L1, L2, L3?
9. Is there a difference between Google Maps and Google Street View regarding virtual tours?

Questions | No Demo

10. I see 360s from my Matterport tour on Google Street View, but the [b]360s are not linked. Now what?
11. I published my Matterport tour to GSV successfully, but it does not show up on "blue lines" Now what?
12. I published my Matterport tour to Google Street View, but it only shows up as Private. Now what?
13. How can I update the old Google Street View "blue lines" in front of my client's business?
14. What is a Google Business Listing and how do I help my clients get it?

15. What's the difference between a Google business Profile and a Google Profile (without ID)?
16. Can I publish Matterport 360 Views to Google Street View or just Matterport 3D Scans?
17. Does the Matterport blur tool work with Google Street View?
18. My Google Street View tour has too many links?
19. How do you add a customer logo in the nadir (bottom of tour)?

20. When and why do you use Pano2VR?
21. What's a Place ID?
22. When and why does it matter if a GSV tour has a Place ID?
23. How do you become a Google Street View Trusted Photographer via Matterport? (Schrodinger's Cat?)
24. Advantages and disadvantages of using Matterport or Pano2VR to publish to Google Street View?

Questions | Money and Pricing

25. Does Google Street View charge for tours published to Google Street View?
26. Does Matterport charge for publishing Matterport tours to Google Street View?
27. As a photographer, do you charge for publishing to Google Street View?
28. Should I charge for maintenance and support (recurring fee) when I publish client's tours to GSV?
29. Anything else about Matterport publishing to Google Street View?
30. Anything else about publishing to Google Street View in general?

What questions should I ask Mike during this WGAN-TV Live at 5 show?

Best,

Dan

About Wingman Media Brisbane

360 degree Property & Business Virtual Tours Service provider. 360 & business keywords & product photography.

Matterport Service Partner with a Matterport Pro2, Matterport Pro3 cameras and a Leica BLK360 LiDAR scanner. Google Trusted Photographer for business tours for Google maps. Google My business listing audit. Licensed drone pilot. www.WingmanMedia.com.au
Post 1 IP   flag post
leon6782 private msg quote post Address this user
Question for Dan and Wingman, how was this Immersive View created?

https://maps.app.goo.gl/kwaXrBfmiyEavq417?g_st=com.google.maps.preview.copy

I think you have to visit that on mobile, directly with GoogleMapp app to see it. It's like an even smooth than Matterport walk through.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@leon6782

Will do!

Hi All,

Gaurav Kochhar would like these questions answered during this WGAN-TV Live at 5 show from the list above:

2. How do I publish a Matterport tour with multiple floors to Google Street View?
5. I published my Matterport tour to GSV successfully, but it does not show up on "blue lines" Now what?
7. How can I update the old Google Street View "blue lines" in front of my client's business?

Additional questions that I should ask @wingman during this WGAN-TV show?

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @leon6782
Question for Dan and Wingman, how was this Immersive View created?

https://maps.app.goo.gl/kwaXrBfmiyEavq417?g_st=com.google.maps.preview.copy

I think you have to visit that on mobile, directly with GoogleMapp app to see it. It's like an even smooth than Matterport walk through.

@leon6782

Adding this discussion for others that read your question:

Three questions about Google Maps Immersive View

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon6782
So, I've see the "route overview" feature in Google Maps over the past few months. I read a little bit about it HERE, pretty mind-blowing.

But then I saw an INTERIOR IMMERSIVE VIEW which I think is only viewable on mobile within GoogleMaps app. I know they've had the Street View feature for a while, but that was also kind of like a cheap jump through 360 style of interior tour. This is super smooth, almost like a video walk through, but it must have been created from a series of 360 photos.

-Does anyone have any experience creating these?

1. What equipment is used to capture?
2. How are those images processed?
3. How does it eventually get attached to a GoogleMaps listing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home3D
I'm going to answer, but it probably won't be satisfying.

My son and I were both included in the very first training for this process, at Googleplex in Mountain View, CA. We were two of 10 photographers assembled from across the U.S. to receive the full training. Okay, so that's the helpful part!

I suppose you won't be surprised to hear that we were all required to sign an NDA regarding the process, which I will respect, of course. What I feel able to say is that - Yes - the process is magical. After three days training and shooting demos, I understand fully how to shoot for the process, and I understand in principle what the processing algorithm accomplishes, but HOW it takes our sets of images and turns them into a butter-smooth video that looks like a drone fly-through, I haven't a clue. It truly is miraculous.

Perhaps I'm safe to tell you what doesn't happen. There is no drone involved. There is not even a video camera involved. The process of shooting for this is, truly strange. If you saw me shooting for this process you'd think I was either drunk or high. And for a site the size of the pizza store you linked, photography would take only 15 minutes.

Well, I warned you the explanation wouldn't be satisfying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@Home3D

I am glad that I was able to make the introduction that lead to you and your son, Eric, being among the first 10 photographers to get this training from Google.

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Text Me 5 Minutes Before WGAN-TV is Live | WGAN-TV | How to Publish to Google Street View from Matterport +10 GSV Pro Tips: Part 1 of 2 | Guest: Wingman Media Brisbane Owner Michael Lysov | www.WingmanMedia.com.au | Thursday, 18 July 2024 | Episode: 222

Hi all,

Reminder to watch live at (a special time): 1 pm ET -- today -- Thursday, 18 July 2024 (above) on the WGAN-TV YouTube Channel.

Any additional questions that I should ask Michael @Wingman?

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
wedsguru private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Bran,
Seems like there is some confusion. Its mentioned On WGAN-TV Live at 5 (1 pm ET / 5 am Brisbane, Australia) Its 1ET now but 3AM Brisbane, Lets wait for 5AM brisbane (3ET)
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@wedsguru

My bad.

Show will be live at 3 pm ET / 5 am Brisbane time

Thanks,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Text Me 5 Minutes Before WGAN-TV is Live | WGAN-TV | How to Publish to Google Street View from Matterport +10 GSV Pro Tips: Part 1 of 2 | Guest: Wingman Media Brisbane Owner Michael Lysov | www.WingmanMedia.com.au | Thursday, 18 July 2024 | Episode: 222

@wedsguru

We are going to move the show to:

6:15 pm ET today (Thursday, 18 July 2024) (which is 8:15 am Brisbane time Friday, 19 July 2024).

If you are not able to watch it live at that time, the embed above will have the recorded show.

I apologize for the changes.

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Mike @Wingman agreed to do a Part II show to answers additional FAQs that we did not get to on this show.

Best,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
hi @wingman,
Have you recently posted on google street view from floors and checked that are the floors working, when I post from matterport to google the floors do not appears as it should be and recently from last one year u'll hardly find anyone virtual tour on street view with floors.. Plz find the link here:
Matterport: Aura Banquet Matterport
GSV: Aura Banquet GSV
Embedd Link: Embedded page

Can be seen here i have added floor code, if required i can send job to your account

Post 10 IP   flag post
@Wingman @Hasan_Akbas @DanSmigrod

Kinfly elaborate that at which stage we have to rename the floors, While scanning at matterport app before uploading or after second stage when job is processed edit and rename floors before publishing to street view

I have done this at both stages for both of these projects.

Can see here at link if you can find what is Something I am missing?

https://weds.guru/test/
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
@wedsguru I can only assume that Google may not like you putting a 0(zero) in from of each floor number.
I definitely would not do it and expect it to work.

Also have you seen a tour produced by another photographer for maps that shows a floor elevator tour in your area? I am in Australia and G0, F1, F2 or just 0,1,2 always have worked for me for local business. As I understand you are in India and Google may apply a different set of rules there.

For a start I would try to rename floors in your Matterport tour to just digits without a leading zero in front such as 0,1,2 and try to publish it that way. Do not to forget to delete existing map tour before publishing it again as updating an existing tour is not possible on Google Maps.

If that still does not work may be ask your fellow photographers who work in India what is working for them. There is Facebook group for Street View Trusted where you can ask for their opinion. There should be a few from India who are members of it. The group called "Google Street View Trusted Photographers", it is a public group and it has almost 13000 members.
Post 12 IP   flag post
103404 12 12