• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Compass PluginMatterportPluginsWish List

Wish List for Matterport Plugin: Compass19944

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Wish List | Compass Plugin

WGAN-TV | How to Use Matterport Property Report and Plug-ins: Compass, Mini-Map, Quick Link and Business Card | Guest: Scan Your Space (a Division of Sparks Media Group) Founder and CEO Tom Sparks | Thursday, 6 June 2024 | Episode: 218 www.ScanYourSpace.com | www.SparksMediaGroup.com | @ScanYourSpace

Wish List for Matterport Plugin: Compass

Hi All,

What's on your Wish List for Matterport Plugin: Compass?

During the WGAN-TV Podcast (above), Scan Your Space (a Division of Sparks Media Group) Founder and CEO Tom Sparks and I discussed the Compass plugin.

That sparked this Compass Wish List item from @DigitalReplica3D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @DigitalReplica3D
@DanSmigrod I’d like to see the Compass setting of North to be during the scan. Old school teaching was to set the first several scans with MP Pro’s lens pointed East. Doing that generated a proper N-S orientation of our space. We know now, for some reason or another that the scan’s lens first orientation doesn’t consistently process that way. When scanning, you can use a compass to set the lens direction.

Currently you need to go to a 3D view and point North. Then set the compass direction. Unfortunately you have no compass for a sense of direction. A few degrees off when looking at a wall in the 3D view is a huge difference from reality.

The idea that Google mapping is a solution isn’t valid as a portion of my clients are not interested in listing their physical address.

Best,
Charlie

I thought the compass could use some additional design thinking.

What's on your Wish List for Matterport Plugin: Compass?

Please add below.

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DigitalReplica3D

Would you take a Matterport scan of a Compass and then hide the scan?

Would you take a photo of your Compass inside the space to set your Matterport Compass Plugin setting?

Would you want Matterport to set the Compass setting based on the orientation of the first scan? (Is a physical compass - externally viewable -- a hardware feature request?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Benrk0385 private msg quote post Address this user
I wish when my clients put a note/message/tag in the space it would automatically email me to notify. Not mattertags, the notes.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Benrk0385

For clarification, are you seeking a workflow that enables clients to "mark-up" a Matterport tour or the content within the tour?

Can you give an example of what the client is doing and what the info will be used for?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
DigitalReplica3D private msg quote post Address this user
@dansmigrod
Two reasons I’d like to see orientation take place with the first scan. One to orientate the compass the second to properly orientate the Dollhouse.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DigitalReplica3D

Yes. I understand.

Seems like you should be able to set both on your iPad and then be able to change it in Matterport Workshop.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
DigitalReplica3D private msg quote post Address this user
@Benrk0385
If you have your client set up as a collaborator. They need to @Benrk0385 in their note. Same as on this forum. You will then receive an email regarding the client’s new note.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Benrk0385 private msg quote post Address this user
@DigitalReplica3D, thanks so much. That’s exactly what I was looking for. I should have played around with it more. I only just started using it. Thanks again.
Post 8 IP   flag post
103404 8 8