• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BetaMinimapNewScannng

New Feature: Scanning with Matterport 3D Minimap (Beta)19407

EMILIANO private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone,

yesterday Matterport presented the new feature Scanning with a 3D Minimap (Beta)

https://support.matterport.com/s/article/Scanning-with-a-3D-Minimap?language=en_US

enjoy the reading

E.
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Great insights, thanks for sharing!

Looks to me like they are also working on an updated 3D VR Showcase?
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@EMILIANO The only issue right now it’s in beta and only certain users are getting invite. I contacted support awhile back to get it and now it’s official release not getting invite thru Test flight and no response from support. Did you get invite?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@ron0987

Many of these Beta features require one of the newer plans & are NOT currently compatible with Classic Account plans.
Post 4 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch thank you for the info, I am currently running two plans. I have my original classic plan and in the last 6 months created a newer plan to test the Pro3 camera with some other up scale camera systems. So again I hate to say still no rhyme or reason why Matterport does what it does. I asked to be included in beta programs. At first I got automatic invites now only get them when I ask. I also even after the upgrade still don’t get the email updates, so now days if I am not reading the forum I don’t see the news info, unless I go to Matterport looking for info and accidentally see something new. Just a little frustrating. This also goes back to Matterports requirements to have a new email for the new account. I would like to have one email to control all my accounts, so if they are sending emails to alternate email I am not getting them. But forces me to constantly check both emails.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@ron0987

So, I’d suggest signing up for any beta features with the email associated with your Pro3 plan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Image courtesy of Matterport

Hi All,

Additional discussion on this new Matterport feature:

WGAN Forum (12 December 2023) Matterport Showcase Plugin: Add Minimap-User Knows Where They are in Tour

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
I have this feature with a Classic plan (surprisingly)... but unsurprisingly, it crashes for many of my models, including one that was just 43 scans.
Post 8 IP   flag post
103404 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?