• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ElevatorLargeMultiple FloorsQuestionsStairsTips

Matterport 30,000 sqft. 1st, 2nd, and 8th floors?19347

WGAN Standard
Greenville, South Carolina
8643d private msg quote post Address this user
I have an upcoming job for a large commercial space around 30,000 sqft, the offices are on the 1st, 2nd, and 8th floors. I have not attempted a space this large before, any special tips or things that I should prepare for? I will be using a Pro2.

As for the the different floors, should I try to complete project in 1 model or 3 models for each floor? Supposedly, there are stairs connecting the floors, but I am unsure of how to jump from 2nd to the 8th floor without scanning 6 floors of stairs in between. Could I try to scan half the 2nd floor stairs, then go all the way up to the 8th floor stairs and continue, skipping all the stairs in between?

There is an elevator, and I will probably add Mattertags to jump between floors. I am a little overwhelmed with such a large complex project, as I usually just capture residential properties.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Golden Valley, Minnesota
MarcelG private msg quote post Address this user
Your client should weigh in but I would recommend either doing the first and second floors together as one file or doing 3 files, one for each floor. You can definitely connect them all using the stairs but you can’t skip floors and the 3D model will look goofy with all the floors missing
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic Member
Boston
Noddy private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with marcelG, would advise to scan floor 1 & 2 together, then use a Mattertag deeplink to connect to a separate scan of floor 3.

I have done a 14 story office building in the past, but had to do it in 3 chunks that Matterport later stitched together, however the stair were a nightmare since all identical and scan points kept jumping floors etc. Chairs and cones saved me in the end. I would never scan several floor of stairs just to include a much higher floor, unless perhaps I scanned some some rooms on each floor to help separate the floors. I did that building with Pro2, Pro3 would likely be better tool.
I rarely take the Pro2 out of the box now that I have Pro3, I like it better.

Good luck with your scans!
Post 3 IP   flag post
DigitalTwin private msg quote post Address this user
Same as Marcel and Noddy! Scan 1&2 as one model and the 8th floor as a separate model then connect them with a deep link (you can find instructions on the Matterport sight.) Good luck!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I did one around that size. 25,000 sqft office

You can scan to the top of the stairs going from level 2 to level three... Except just make your entrance at level 8 from the stairway. If possible just trick the system.

But like everyone else said you're going to want a hot wing from floors to floor cuz nobody is going to take this stairs lol
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8643d
Could I try to scan half the 2nd floor stairs, then go all the way up to the 8th floor stairs and continue, skipping all the stairs in between?

That what I would do if nobody cares that there will be 1st and 2nd floor and then next one named 8th floor in your model. Stairs are usually identical on each floor and if that's the case with your space it will work.

30000 sqf should not be a problem if your ipad can handle a few 100s of scan points.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Greenville, South Carolina
8643d private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for everyone's input.

My plan is to capture to try and trick the software into thinking the 8th floor is the 3rd floor. I can always duplicate and delete floors to upload floors as different models.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Show & Tour example displaying three (3) Matterport tours. Example courtesy of Show & Tour Founder @JoshMais

@8643d

Would displaying the three (3) Matterport floors within one player be helpful?

Above is an example of what's possible with the Show & Tour player that plays nice with Matterport, photos, videos, etc.

Your thoughts?

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
103404 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?