• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
PMREconference2023QuestionsZillow 3D Home

Is it possible to export 360s from Zillow 3D Home?19234

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Is it possible to export 360s from Zillow 3D Home?

Hi All,

I am at the PMRE Conference, and this question came up.

(One of the real estate photographers is shooting two 360s each time:

1. One with the Zillow 3D Home app
2. One with the Ricoh Theta Z1 (to use with another platform)

Thanks,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Waste of time. Ricoh app has worse quality than Zillow 3D’s built in HDR. Needs to turn on the “ Keep images on Ricoh” button in the Zillow 3D app. Collect the photos later and upload to whatever VT software needed. Works great for fast GSV shoots as well.

Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@VTLV

Much thanks for solving the problem.

(He does do post on the Ricoh Theta Z1 images.)

Thanks,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@VTLV

For clarfication, about:

"Keep images on Ricoh” button in the Zillow 3D app."

The Zillow 3D Home tour still happens (when you toggle "Keep Images on Ricoh"?

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
Everything stays the same in Zillow 3D app. When using for non residential projects - don’t upload to Zillow and just pull the pics. This idea is for a fast and cheap Google Business shoot. Do the same with Matterport app as well.

If this photographer is doing post production and not liking the results from Zillow 3D shots or fighting blown out windows. Then they gotta shoot both apps then.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@VTLV

Thank you!

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

You can toggle "keep images on Camera" within the Zillow app which would allow the user to recycle the panos into another platform

Settings --> Camera Settings ---> (Ricoh or Insta360 Camera) ---> Keep images on camera

But there isn't currently an option to download the panos from a Zillow Tour
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@lilnitsch

When you set "Keep images on camera" do you get the benefit of Zillow 3D Home HDR and/or other Zillow 3D Home settings?

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@DanSmigrod

Yes, if you are publishing to Zillow the tour works as usual keeping the images on camera just allows the user to recycle the images into another platform

With the Ricoh's Zillow (like Matterport)uses the Auto HDR setting so, you get a pretty usable image right out of camera though quality can be improved with a quick once over in Photoshop or LightRoom

Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@lilnitsch

The photographer has tried this feature, but does not like the image saved because it "crops" some of the image in the nadir. For clarification, the 360 saved shows less of the nadir.

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@DanSmigrod

Shouldn't ~ I have a boatload of images and the images I pull off the Z1 or Theta X are full resolution (Z1 6720x3360) (ThetaX 11008 x5504)

Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I typically import the images using Apple's Photos app
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch Your comment above "though quality can be improved with a quick once over in Photoshop or LightRoom" caught my attention.

Do you know if it's possible to perform an edit in Photoshop or Lightroom (or Luminar, etc.) BEFORE uploading the panos captured with the Zillow 3D Home app to Zillow? Sometimes the white balance could use some adjustment, or some exposure touch-ups.

My impression from the uploading process is that the photos get uploaded FROM the iPad. Is the Ricoh camera somehow connected during that process? (it doesn't appear that the camera is connected to the iPad during the upload process, but maybe via Bluetooth??). I searched a couple times on the iPad and couldn't find any of the panoramas (but I'm not an "Apple" guy who's tech-savvy on my iPad).
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Dataventurer

Zillow does not allow the importing of images
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch Thanks for your reply. I am not asking about importing images into the Zillow app. I'm inquiring if it's possible to pull the Zillow app scans into Lightroom or Photoshop BEFORE uploading them to Zillow through their app. If the pics are on the Ricoh camera, I assume they are accessible to be pulled into an editing app and then copied back into the camera before hitting the Upload button.

It's possible to test this process out, but I thought I would pose the question to you in case you knew offhand.
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
@Dataventurer Zillow is not going to risk anyone manipulating a photo that could be infected and place it on their server.

The answer is that if you use the Zillow App it’s only for a the Zillow 3D as is. We are limited to their white balance in appfeatures. As a bonus, you can keep the images you take using their software on your camera. Then use those photos elsewhere if needed.
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Yesterday I was lazy and mounted the camera to my sunroof so, I didn't have to play hide and seek on this 10 Acre parcel:

https://www.zillow.com/view-3d-home/67f77e44-ecfa-442a-92be-af233428534c?setAttribution=mls&wl=true&utm_source=dashboard
Post 17 IP   flag post
103404 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?