• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business DevelopmentNewbiesPricingPro2QuestionsTips

One Photographer - Multiple Matterport Accounts?19162

monoffoto private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

I consider myself as a Matterport fan.
But when it comes to prices of the subscription plans and the different features it's another story.

I can understand that a starter account is for those who are only hosting a few models or capturing at a small scale.

I can not understand you need a Business account for Matterport allowing you to use the more advanced Pro2 camera to capture a space.

In my opinion this is a silly decision by Matterport!

I already gave my hard earned money to Matterport for this very expensive camera (Heck, I could have bought a Canon EOS R5 for this amount of money) which is very limited in use otherwise.

On top of this I can not use my Starter account with the Pro2. How silly is that please?

So my idea is to get a Business account from time to time for shooting purposes with the PRO2 and then transferring the models to my Starter account.
Then I can cancel the Business account when I don't have to shoot the Pro2 with the nice opportunity which Matterport thankfully offers to reactivate it one day when I want to shoot with the Pro2 again.

Is this possible in the first place?

In short:
One Photographer - multiple accounts - canceling the expensive account when not needed - reactivating it when needed.

PS:
Is there any account sharing practice out there? Someone has a large account and offering it to others for a small amount of money accourding to the usage?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@monoffoto

"Spaces can be transferred into a Free or Starter account from an account with a higher subscription," according to Matterport. That said, "Transferring a space into a Free account will automatically set the space as private, because spaces in Free accounts cannot be publicly shared. ... You cannot transfer a Pro3 space into a Free account."

Does that help?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
The “New” current plans support any of the Matterport supported cameras (360’s or Pro)

Classic plans however, are charged more for the processing if a supported 360 camera or the BLK camera is used. In addition the Classic plans do NOT support Matterport’s new Pro3 camera
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic Member
Boston
Noddy private msg quote post Address this user
@monoffoto, I like the idea of that account sharing, I hope somebody steps forward with that.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@monoffoto

My impression is that you could:

1. Maintain a Matterport Start account ($9.99 per month) (which can not process Pro2 and Pro3 scans).
2. Get a Professional account to process Pro2 shot scans; transfer to Starter and cancel Professional.

Does that help?

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod OK this was my idea. And I already know, that a Free account is basically useless .

Then I could ask:

May Matterport have a problem with a guy who has a small business called monoffoto and has a Starter account with email address A and the same guy starts and cancels another account with his email address B?
Post 6 IP   flag post
@lilnitsch a starter account supports Pro2 and Pro3 cameras but only if somoene else transferred the spaces.

But: You can not upload and process a Pro2 or Pro3 camera scan to a Starter account.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by monoffoto
May Matterport have a problem with a guy who has a small business called monoffoto and has a Starter account with email address A and the same guy starts and cancels another account with his email address B?

@monoffoto

It's likely that you are okay.

There are many WGAN Forum Members that have multiple Matterport accounts.

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
Shawn_P private msg quote post Address this user
@monoffoto I’m in the same boat with the Pro3. My main bread and butter is a sizable nationwide builder. I have explained the situation to them and now I wait to see if they are going to upgrade their plan from business to professional
Post 9 IP   flag post
103404 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?