• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Customer ServiceInsurancePro3Pro3 Problems

My Experience with Matterport Customer Service for Pro3 Accident18990

EMILIANO private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone,

I would like to share my experience with Matterport customer service after my PRO3 was accidentally dropped.

The day after the fall (27/07/23), I contacted the ITALIA customer service, who within a few hours sent me emails containing the instructions on how to open an RMA due to the fall.

Reply email sent, I receive a REPLACEMENT estimate (equal to 1650€ - 1510$) INCLUDING SHIPPING COSTS. I accept the quote and I am notified of the shipping address:

Sunnyvale, CA, United States.
Problem:

Shipping is recommended if insured (139€ - 152$), and that's fine, but having to import the PRO3 (despite being a return-RMA) I WOULD HAVE HAD TO PAY THE CUSTOMS DUTIES, which UPS ITALIA didn't know how to quantify, and MATTERPORT didn't want to anticipate. After various comparison emails, I point out that MATTERPORT UE also has an RMA office in 1047 Hs Amsterdam, and therefore after a further email exchange, they accept the shipment in RMA in the Amsterdam office.

I ship and after two days (on the same date of receipt of my RMA package) THEY SEND ME my REPLACEMENT PRO3 (which I had to pay 64€-70$ to import from the USA to the EU), which arrived today 08/16/23.

Surprise:
It was supposed to be a remanufactured/refurbished, but it arrived NEW. And that helped me to be less picky about their remarks about not accepting my RMA shipment in Amsterdam.
Total cost between REPLACEMENT in RMA and SHIPPING / CUSTOMS DUTIES: 1853€ - 2024$...
Now let's see if my insurance agrees to reimburse me in whole or in part.
I will update you....
E.

If you also share your experiences with the MATTERPORT service...
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@EMILIANO

Thank you for sharing.

That was nice of Matterport to send you a new Matterport Pro3 Camera to replace the one that you accidentally dropped.

Please keep us posted on how your insurance handles your out-of-pocket expense.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
103404 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?