• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360How toQuestionsZillow 3D Home

Ghosts in my Zillow 360 Tour (me!) Help requested18798

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
Last night (late!) I was editing a Zillow 3D Home Tour and discovered the camera had caught me in two scans. I can pull the scans into Luminar to erase (sort of..) the image.

Can anyone please advise me how to re-upload the tour to replace the one that already uploaded?

Thank you!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
Zillow unfortunately requires reshooting the tour
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
@lilnitsch Thanks for the quick reply! I think that house will need to remain haunted...
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Dataventurer

I was out in the field shooting a home. Garage will end up getting hidden after the floor plan get processed. I often will do this with Matterport tours as well if they are using the garage as a staging area.

Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
@lilnitsch I'm going back tomorrow to reshoot the Zillow tour. It turns out the house is a probate sale and someone already contacted the listing agent inquiring about the possibility that house was haunted because of the two ghost shots. You can't make this stuff up!

You seemed to have a handle on "re-doing" the tours. Can you please take a moment to describe the process to delete and re-post with a new Zillow tour?

I am sending an help request in to Zillow but I'm not expecting a quick enough reply.

Thank you!!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I'd shoot it as a fresh new tour (shooting all panos again) then you can simply kill the address on the previous tour in your dashboard and add the address or the Zillow link of the live property on Zillow to connect the new tour to the property

I have tried to replace a pano or two on previous tours and this does NOT work

Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
@lilnitsch Thank you for your reply. I had received some info back from Zillow, then added to my inquiry because I received only info on how to swap out a panorama. I was planning to add both replies to this thread but since you are active, I'll add what I received so far about swapping panos.

From Zillow support today: (and note the last sentence about "this new feature". Maybe it's easier to swap now?)

To add a panorama to a completed tour, please follow these steps:

Navigate to the tour from your Zillow 3D Home app under the “My 3D Homes” tab
Tap on the three dots in the lower right corner of the tour you would like to edit.
Select “Add/remove panoramas”
Read through and check the boxes in the “Updating this tour” pop-up
Select “Proceed to updating”

Once you have added the new panorama(s), you will receive a new tour link via email. To see the updated tour in your My 3D Home dashboard, please sign out and back into your Zillow account.

Note: Only the new tour link will contain the new panoramas. Please ensure to update the MLS with the correct link.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Please note: This new feature is only available on app versions 2.1.1 (Android) and 5.9.3 (iOS) and later. If you are running a previous app version, please update your app.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Dataventurer

Last time I tried this method (client wanted to show a basement they had re-cleaned) this didn't work but, that was last fall
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
I went back today (40 miles) and captured a new set of scans. I wasn't sure exactly how to swap out the entire tour. I sent an inquiry in to Zillow but haven't received a reply yet. So I proceeded (boldly!). I created a new tour, used the same address and the same name. The panos uploaded automatically when I got home and connected to the internet. I hit the "finish" icon and held my breath (boldly!).

I checked the Zillow page listing and for a few minutes, no 3D tour was showing. That was during the time that the new tour was "in progress". Then I checked a few minutes later and the new tour was up!

Nice! I didn't need to delete the original tour or do anything other than go through the steps to post a new tour. It appears the system automatically replaced the old tour with the new one.

So, with the guidance in my post above about how to change out a single panorama and this personal account of the steps to swap out an entire tour, I/we have a road map in the event of future blunders! But I did learn a lesson and carefully swiped through each scan while at the house to make sure they were clear of people (me...).

And I'm thinking it was easier to just re-shoot the complete tour than capture replacement scans and go through the steps to exchange out the ghosted panos.

Onward!
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
You did it right. Unpublish old one prior to uploading new one usually keeps everything in line.
Post 10 IP   flag post
103404 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?