Video: Taking a Matterport Pro 3 e57 file and manipulating it in Autodesk Revit | Video courtesy of Sparks Media Group's YouTube Channel | 17 June 2023 | Scan Your Space (a Division of Sparks Media Group) Founder and CEO Tom Sparks |
www.ScanYourSpace.com | www.SparksMediaGroup.com | @ScanYourSpace

Transcript (Video) [Demo does not include audio]

Tom Sparks: Hey, everybody. Tom Sparks for Sparks Media Group. In this video today, we're going to show you a little bit about what happens when you take an E57 data file from a Matterport Pro3 scan, and drop it in Autodesk Revit, and export it as a variety of uses.

In this case, somewhat of a BIM file, and then we have some modeling that was being done, as well as some rendering. Now, I didn't do this work, I hired somebody who I've since became friends with, his name is Dani Juarez at LOD360 and I'll put a link for his information (www.LOD360latam.com).

So if you're interested in converting your E57 point cloud files into a variety of uses, I would highly recommend reaching out to him. This took a little bit of time from what he told me, but it wasn't, I don't think too strenuous.

And I was actually quite surprised at the Level of Detail (LOD) that he was able to get from the E57 point cloud file. Without further ado, I will let you guys watch the video. If you have any comments, questions, ideas, suggestions, please comment them below.

If you find this video useful, feel free to share. Please give it a thumbs up if you like it, and if you're not subscribed to my channel, I encourage you to do so. I'm going to try to drop more of this kind of behind-the-scenes, how things are done videos. Thanks for watching.