• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
.obj.XYZAutoCADDWGDXFImportMatterPakQuestionsVectorworks

Accurately scaling an imported Matterport Matterpak file (.OBJ/.XYZ)?18779

DigitalTwin private msg quote post Address this user
Hi folks,

My search is not finding a WGAN topic on this: I am importing 3D files from Matterpak (typically OBJ file format into CAD software(Vectorworks)). For the upload process, I am prompted with a choice for the type of UNIT (millimeters;Centimeters;inches;feet;miles)to be used and it seems no matter which I choose, the model that imports is NOT accurately depicted based on its actual size. Any idea how I achieve a 1 to 1 scale to represent the actual size of my models???

In my experience if I am uploading a CAD model from any type of architectural source (like an AutoCAD DWG or DXF file) it too asks what units that the imported file should use but that has no bearing on it's actual size, it's just what units of measurement you want to use. Those files can be scaled but are still based on an accurate measurement, true to reality.

What simple thing am i missing???

Best,
Todd
Post 1 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Matterport Point Cloud to Vectorworks Workflow | video courtesy of Si Horton YouTube Channel | 1 October 2021

Hi @DigitalTwin,
This might help.
clickable text
Oliver
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladsmuir
Video: Matterport Point Cloud to Vectorworks Workflow | video courtesy of Si Horton YouTube Channel | 1 October 2021

Hi @DigitalTwin,
This might help.
clickable text
Oliver

Thank you Gladsmuir,
I have viewed this before. Unfortunately it does not address my issue and he doesn't even mention the unit choices at the import prompt.
Todd
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
It is meter in the obj file.
1.0 in Matterport obj file is 1.0 meter.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thank you JuMP! Just imported a new model using the meter Model Space Unit and that worked fine.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Okay....so now what about units from a DroneDeploy scan??? LOL. But really, serious question...
Post 6 IP   flag post
103404 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?