• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AccuracyQuestionsScanningTips

Matterport Scanning Tips for Accuracy?18267

Olegred private msg quote post Address this user
I scan for measurement accuracy, I really do not care how it looks. What would be the best placement of scans for that purpose? Also, is there a difference when if you scan with the 360 camera? Does getting more scans improve the accuracy significantly?

Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
daslack private msg quote post Address this user
@Olegred I typically scan for measurements and looks. I scanned a home with the Pro 2 that I had the blueprints for. When I did the scan I would say that the average distance between my scans was about 6’-8’. I ordered the E57 file for the property and had it converted into a dwg file which I uploaded into my CAD program. The measurements were very accurate. Many of the dimensions were right on the money. The ones that were off were usually within +/- a half inch.
I need to conduct the same experiment with the Pro 3. I will say this, I scan the same distances with the Pro 3 as the Pro 2 to be sure that I am getting accurate spatial data.
Hope that helps!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
if it is just for a floor plan it depends on geometry of a space and how far a lidar that is being used can see. Some rooms say small bedrooms may need just one scan in the middle to capture all distances in x, y and z and one scan close to a doorway to capture it and provide enough points for registration for any space behind that doorway where you are going to do another scan. However even for bedrooms one scan may be not enough as for a built in wardrobe which actually can be protruding from a wall on one side and one scan in the middle may not see what's behind a wardrobe side and it comes to guessing that wardrobe side has a straight angle and how much space is left after it on the same wall a doorway is sitting on.

I think it is quite easy when you are inside a space. Pick up an optimal spot for a room you are going to capture and check looking through a camera position if it is going to capture everything you need. If it is not and something in the room is obstructed by corners change position or be prepared to do more than one scan in the same room.
Post 3 IP   flag post
103404 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?