Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 263 Unique Visitors
9,178 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 21,581 Page Views | 12,542 Unique Visitors | 33 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DystopianLegalMatterport EcosystemTOSTrust

ANNOUNCEMENT: Terms of Service Rollback6479

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
The TOS rollback was announced Sunday on Facebook by Bill Brown. I'm sure that there will be something sent out today to address the controversies of the past week.

The good news is that if you are an MSP who is not involved in any form of social media, including WGA, then you spent last week blissfully getting work done and nothing in your life changed

As for me, I had a very unproductive week.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

This video explains unsubscribing
Post 27 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
It was not unproductive Chris. Every obstacle and each stone in your path teach you something.

In the last week we learned more about the fragility of the business we are in. We learned about risks.

I have been telling to whoever wanted to hear that in every business there are risks that are out there in the open for you to see, and there are hidden risks that you cannot see or, sometimes, you don´t want to see.

In Matterport's case the more evident risk is that we are all tied together to a closed system that, if it ceased to exist would leave us with nothing more than a big ugly black heavy piece of furniture. You mentioned this in a post in Facebook when you said that Matterport is not a camera but a part of a bigger system. You said that the Matterport camera doesn´t do anything useful unless it is tied to the cloud processing provided by Matterport. And it is true!

So we all learned that we purchased the Seinfeld's equivalent in photography: a camera that does nothing! go figure!

During this last week we realized how close to the edge we are from where we are seated. How close we are from falling if our business depends solely on Matterport's ability to survive in the long term.

We also learned, if you read carefully what Bill Brown wrote in one angry answer to a MSP´s post, how difficult is the financial situation of Matterport. He practically said that wihtout this limited license that they were going to use to sell access of OUR models to third parties, they couldn´t finance further research and development. It is very interesting how honest people can be when they are angry!

This is not a Cannon or a Nikon, where you don´t mind about the future of the company. In Matterport's case "we are Matterport", so if Matterport closes, then we don´t have more business (unless you are a diversified entrepreneur that haven´t bet on a single horse in this particular race). And we have learned this too.

So, don´t feel bad about an "unproductive week" because it has been a week of deep and rich learning for all of us.

I only hope things get better.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex360

The good news is that if you are an MSP who is not involved in any form of social media, including WGA, then you spent last week blissfully getting work done and nothing in your life changed

The problem is if you were not on them, then they just do what ever they like.

And how don't you do business without social media?
Post 29 IP   flag post
@jfantin Well said, Sir. This week also showed a lot of competitors out there to get their tech to market faster.

I think we all need to follow JUMPS advice and make sure all your data is backed up. Rather sorry than save right.

But things will get better.
Post 30 IP   flag post

mikeb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfantin
It was not unproductive Chris. Every obstacle and each stone in your path teach you something.

In the last week we learned more about the fragility of the business we are in. We learned about risks.

I have been telling to whoever wanted to hear that in every business there are risks that are out there in the open for you to see, and there are hidden risks that you cannot see or, sometimes, you don´t want to see.

In Matterport's case the more evident risk is that we are all tied together to a closed system that, if it ceased to exist would leave us with nothing more than a big ugly black heavy piece of furniture. You mentioned this in a post in Facebook when you said that Matterport is not a camera but a part of a bigger system. You said that the Matterport camera doesn´t do anything useful unless it is tied to the cloud processing provided by Matterport. And it is true!

So we all learned that we purchased the Seinfeld's equivalent in photography: a camera that does nothing! go figure!

During this last week we realized how close to the edge we are from where we are seated. How close we are from falling if our business depends solely on Matterport's ability to survive in the long term.

We also learned, if you read carefully what Bill Brown wrote in one angry answer to a MSP´s post, how difficult is the financial situation of Matterport. He practically said that wihtout this limited license that they were going to use to sell access of OUR models to third parties, they couldn´t finance further research and development. It is very interesting how honest people can be when they are angry!

This is not a Cannon or a Nikon, where you don´t mind about the future of the company. In Matterport's case "we are Matterport", so if Matterport closes, then we don´t have more business (unless you are a diversified entrepreneur that haven´t bet on a single horse in this particular race). And we have learned this too.

So, don´t feel bad about an "unproductive week" because it has been a week of deep and rich learning for all of us.

I only hope things get better.

Very nicely said. I'm going to print this out and hang out up as a disclaimer on the door to the office for all our employees to see.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Integratedman private msg quote post Address this user
I took cover in Canada rolled up the blankets and watched from the bleachers...very productive and all things worked out....
Post 32 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@Gerhard social media does not in any way play a role in who my clients are in my primary businesses. I have made a few connections with other agencies because of being on WGA, but that's it. Facebook and Twitter haven't done anything for me financially. If someone else is winning there, I am thrilled for them 😀

I am trying to see if I can make connections for tertiary income via social media, but it seems that I just spend hours having wonderful conversations, and not getting any development or photography post work done.

@jfantin you are the only person that seems to have respected my statement on the Matterport Pro Cameras not being cameras 😀. I like the Seinfeld correlation.
Post 33 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

A Member writes (and gave me an okay to post anonymously ...

Dan

----

[In reply to my question about why anonymously]

"... so I'd rather not go on record with this initiative assuming that they check the WGAN postings and might be less likely to provide that additional support that I need if they connect the dots back to me. If I was simply posting my thoughts or opinion about the ecosystem that would be one thing but this goes much further than and I hope it will inspire others to take action. I saw the recent update that MP is rolling back their TOS as of this weekend but I still think this is a good approach so they never think about doing anything like this again. I've experienced a lot of questionable practices from these guys that has involved targeting my clients and wrongfully posting on my friends and business partner's FB accounts so I believe anything unfortunately is possible with them.

[The original email]

Hi Dan - Hope all is well. When you have a moment would you please read my note below and let me know your thoughts about posting this message anonymously on the forum. I'm not pleased with what's happening and I wanted to share some options with the community that I feel might help. Thanks.

Over the last few days, I've been thinking about some of the comments that fellow WGAN members have made about the proposed Matterport's Ecosystem. Initially, like many members, I was very frustrated and disappointed that Matterport would violate the trust of their photographer-clients who helped make them the company they are today.

However, this evening I realized the tremendous power that we have over Matterport (and their investors) to directly impact their bottom line in very significant ways. With certain companies like Matterport, this may be the only way to be heard and drive the change we need.

Here's what I'd suggest to anyone who is not pleased with the proposed Ecosystem:

1) DOWNGRADE YOUR MATTERPORT CLOUD PLAN - Clearly not everybody will be able to do so but anyone who can (based on your total scans or monthly plan limits) should strongly consider this option now.

2) POST REVIEWS ONLINE -

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Matterport/reviews/

Google Reviews
https://www.google.com/search?q=matterport+sunnyvale&oq=matterport+sun&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l4.6926j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#lrd=0x808fb7c7a7ec4d3b:0x5527475e3ff55eed,1,,,

3) COMMENT ON MATTERPORT'S TWITTER PAGE
https://twitter.com/Matterport

4) EXTRA CREDIT - VOICE YOUR FRUSTRATIONS TO MATTERPORT LEADERSHIP
As a community, let's find and post the emails of Matterport's Leadership from this list https://matterport.com/about/
Is it possible to identify the emails of the CEO, CTO, CFO, VPs etc and post them so everyone in the community can write them directly and let them know the mistake they're making?

[Note from @DanSmigrod - I redact phone numbers, email addresses and names of Matterport employees, when possible. Matterport reads the WGAN Forum, so post here or write support@matterport.com]

The fact is.... Matterport has no company without clients so we should feel compelled and empowered to take action and not bend to their will. Let's remember:
we contribute reoccurring revenue to Matterport (which is gold to tech companies)
we (as existing customers) are the mostly likely group to either re-invest or not re-invest in their products/services
we now know that Matterport is prepared to put all of our businesses and our clients' privacy at risk if unchecked.... so let's put them in check now!

[redacted]
Post 34 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

From the discussion:

Matterport: Who is Your Customer?

Dan

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by @DanSmigrod
Hi All,

I the Matterport Ecosystem vision of the future.

That said. Matterport executive team, you have created a mess. The only way to clean up this mess is to define the Customer as the one that is paying for the Matterport Cloud Account. Then, all other decisions will be easy.

The longer story ...

The Matterport announcement Sunday night (25 May 2018) of plans to roll-back the Terms came for the wrong reason:

"I’m announcing that we will be retracting the new language in 3.7 of our Spaces Processing and Hosting Terms very shortly due to the confusion that had been caused by the inaccurate article on Inman News and the high amount of misinformation being disseminated through social media."

The real reason is that Matterport has failed to define its Customer. While many of us would prefer that Matterport say its Customer is a professional photographer rather than the channel marketing conflict between professional photographer and real estate agents, I would define Customer as the Content Creator that pays for the Matterport Cloud account for processing, hosting and distribution.

If Matterport defined Customer in this way - rather than whom consumes the content or a 3rd party that is willing to license the content, then it would easy for Matterport to conclude the following as I stated in part in the WGAN Forum discussion last week:

For Matterport Employees That Are Upset Too

Quote:
... You have read all the dystopian discussions from our Members - your clients. We all have been turned into raging fans from raving fans this week. Look at my video above.

It's not too late to right the ship. .....

---

Hello,

I read the discussion in the We Get Around Network Forum this week. I agree with our customers.

1. Roll back the terms of service immediately to 18 February 2017
2. Develop a plan to offer our customers compensation for their intellectual property
3. Give our customers the option to opt-in either by Space, Folder of Spaces or all.
4. Whatever you do to make this right, the default can not be all content is opted-in
5. Develop a Code of Ethics (Includes: "We will not mine our customer's data to solicit their clients" )
6. Apologize to our customers.
7. Back up the apology with something of value (hosting, processing, GSV publishing)
8. Act swiftly
9. Be transparent. That was sneaky using the "Continue" Button to be the "Accept New Terms of Service"
10. Hold a Town Hall asking our team what can we do to restore the trust of our customers?

[Your Name]

---

Thank you and enjoy your weekend. May next week be better for all of us.

Dan

The key to resolving the dystopian world we are living in is for Matterport to clearing define internally and externally that the Customer is the content creator that pays Matterport. Not the consumer of the content. Not the 3rd party alliance. Not the homeowner.

Merriam-Webster defines Customer as "one that purchases a commodity or service."

It is very telling that the explanation is that we do not understand:

"I’m announcing that we will be retracting the new language in 3.7 of our Spaces Processing and Hosting Terms very shortly due to the confusion that had been caused by the inaccurate..."

Actually we do. We are your Customers. You don't think we are.

"Unfortunately, some parties, with various motivations, decided to proactively seed the story on Inman News that provided incorrect and misleading information about the terms change that brokers and agents then saw."

I applaud the person - or persons - that did reach out to Inman. I had planned to do so after the WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm EST | GMT -5) Matterport Ecosystem Town Hall Tuesday (27 February 2018), if Matterport had not resolve this challenge by then.

"We are concerned that the wrong perception that the change created privacy issues might cause agents or brokers to rethink their use of Matterport, and we do not want this change to hurt our customers’ businesses. Protecting your current business is more important than developing the longer-term ecosystem, ..."

Are the Content Creators - we have the relation with our Clients - and know what right or rights we have to use their Spaces.

"...and I am very sorry for anyone whose business has been negatively impacted."

Apology accepted. Now is the time to back up the apology with substance. Free processing. Free hosting. Free White-Label for 12 months (then you can charge us). Most importantly, commit to politely asking us to Opt In: not default that we can Opt Out.

While a step in the right direction, it's the difference between night and day. You want to default to all content opted in because you are concerned that you will get low acceptance. Yes. That is correct: unless you provide an incentive for us such as a 1) a buy-out of our content; 2) monthly recurring revenue for model as long as you use our content; 3) other TBD.

If you think Customer first, then the answers will be obvious.

The point is that you need to make this win-win-win. If we share in the long-term wealth of the Content we create, we might even create it for free knowing that we will make more money from monthly recurring revenue from our content. Just a thought. Reward us. We are the Customer.

"We were never taking your copyright, were never giving ourselves the ability to market to homeowners or agents directly, and were never getting the ability to publicly share the models. However, there are now agents and brokers out there who believe we were doing some or all of these things. That is unfortunate."

We all understand that Matterport has usurped our Copyright in a mangled explanation. You give us the crayons and paper to create art that we own, but the art can only be hung in your museum. Okay. Fine. We agreed to that we bought our Camera. That has not changed. What has changed is that we agreed to hanging the art for a specific length of time. We didn't agree that you were going to take the art show on the road and make money for exhibition and not pay us. If we are truly Matterport Service Partners – then Partner with us on the revenue share.

Have us excited about sharing in the wealth creation.

To repeat, I the Matterport Ecosystem vision of the future. The only way to clean up this mess is to define the Customer as the one that is paying for the Matterport Cloud Account. Then, all other decisions will be easy.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 35 IP   flag post
2) POST REVIEWS ONLINE -

Facebook

Thye have removed their review section today.
Post 36 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Gerhard
2) POST REVIEWS ONLINE -

Facebook

Thye have removed their review section today.

WOW!

---

Hi All,

Another WGAN Forum Member writes ...

Dan

---

I would like to remain anonymous as well

But I’m response to what you just posted about keeping me in check. What about some sort of union or formal alliance for MSP’s so that we ensure we have a voice?
Post 37 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennTremain

However when all is well again all the people that reviewed them over this should give a better ranking and comment what they did that Matterport had the character to make things right. Review as you would want someone to review your business if something like this happened and you rectified it.

Don’t be malicious. I would keep your finger off of the review buttons for a day or two. If by Thursday there isn’t the correct notice then rate them and describe this.

The recent post saying where to review and implying that you should review now is inappropriate seeing they made an announcement they will be sending an official statement soon.

They saw the power of social media by their ratings drop significantly. Hold off till they don’t do what they say. Remember to treat them like you would want to be treated. Just my opinion
Post 38 IP   flag post
IS it possible that real competition can arise given the 20 so patents that Matterport owns?

https://patents.justia.com/assignee/matterport-inc

Do these patents expire?
Post 39 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rzphotoman
Thanks Dan,
Just got the official announcement from Bill Brown about retracting the the new language in 3.7 of our Spaces Processing and Hosting Terms. Will need time to digest.

Could you do a screen grab an post here? I did not receive the email.

Plus, would be nice for those that are thinking about buying a Matterport Camera to see the communications as well.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 40 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Email from Matterport CEO today [Monday, 26 February 2018].

Post 41 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzphotoman
Email from Matterport CEO today [Monday, 26 February 2018].

Thank you for posting.

Here is my response to this letter ...

Hi All,

From the discussion:

Matterport: Who is Your Customer?

Dan

---

Quote:
Hi All,

I the Matterport Ecosystem vision of the future.

That said. Matterport executive team, you have created a mess. The only way to clean up this mess is to define the Customer as the one that is paying for the Matterport Cloud Account. Then, all other decisions will be easy.

The longer story ...

The Matterport announcement Sunday night (25 May 2018) of plans to roll-back the Terms came for the wrong reason:

"I’m announcing that we will be retracting the new language in 3.7 of our Spaces Processing and Hosting Terms very shortly due to the confusion that had been caused by the inaccurate article on Inman News and the high amount of misinformation being disseminated through social media."

The real reason is that Matterport has failed to define its Customer. While many of us would prefer that Matterport say its Customer is a professional photographer rather than the channel marketing conflict between professional photographer and real estate agents, I would define Customer as the Content Creator that pays for the Matterport Cloud account for processing, hosting and distribution.

If Matterport defined Customer in this way - rather than whom consumes the content or a 3rd party that is willing to license the content, then it would easy for Matterport to conclude the following as I stated in part in the WGAN Forum discussion last week:

For Matterport Employees That Are Upset Too

Quote:
... You have read all the dystopian discussions from our Members - your clients. We all have been turned into raging fans from raving fans this week. Look at my video above.

It's not too late to right the ship. .....

---

Hello,

I read the discussion in the We Get Around Network Forum this week. I agree with our customers.

1. Roll back the terms of service immediately to 18 February 2017
2. Develop a plan to offer our customers compensation for their intellectual property
3. Give our customers the option to opt-in either by Space, Folder of Spaces or all.
4. Whatever you do to make this right, the default can not be all content is opted-in
5. Develop a Code of Ethics (Includes: "We will not mine our customer's data to solicit their clients" )
6. Apologize to our customers.
7. Back up the apology with something of value (hosting, processing, GSV publishing)
8. Act swiftly
9. Be transparent. That was sneaky using the "Continue" Button to be the "Accept New Terms of Service"
10. Hold a Town Hall asking our team what can we do to restore the trust of our customers?

[Your Name]

---

Thank you and enjoy your weekend. May next week be better for all of us.

Dan

The key to resolving the dystopian world we are living in is for Matterport to clearing define internally and externally that the Customer is the content creator that pays Matterport. Not the consumer of the content. Not the 3rd party alliance. Not the homeowner.

Merriam-Webster defines Customer as "one that purchases a commodity or service."

It is very telling that the explanation is that we do not understand:

"I’m announcing that we will be retracting the new language in 3.7 of our Spaces Processing and Hosting Terms very shortly due to the confusion that had been caused by the inaccurate..."

Actually we do. We are your Customers. You don't think we are.

"Unfortunately, some parties, with various motivations, decided to proactively seed the story on Inman News that provided incorrect and misleading information about the terms change that brokers and agents then saw."

I applaud the person - or persons - that did reach out to Inman. I had planned to do so after the WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm EST | GMT -5) Matterport Ecosystem Town Hall Tuesday (27 February 2018), if Matterport had not resolve this challenge by then.

"We are concerned that the wrong perception that the change created privacy issues might cause agents or brokers to rethink their use of Matterport, and we do not want this change to hurt our customers’ businesses. Protecting your current business is more important than developing the longer-term ecosystem, ..."

Are the Content Creators - we have the relation with our Clients - and know what right or rights we have to use their Spaces.

"...and I am very sorry for anyone whose business has been negatively impacted."

Apology accepted. Now is the time to back up the apology with substance. Free processing. Free hosting. Free White-Label for 12 months (then you can charge us). Most importantly, commit to politely asking us to Opt In: not default that we can Opt Out.

While a step in the right direction, it's the difference between night and day. You want to default to all content opted in because you are concerned that you will get low acceptance. Yes. That is correct: unless you provide an incentive for us such as a 1) a buy-out of our content; 2) monthly recurring revenue for model as long as you use our content; 3) other TBD.

If you think Customer first, then the answers will be obvious.

The point is that you need to make this win-win-win. If we share in the long-term wealth of the Content we create, we might even create it for free knowing that we will make more money from monthly recurring revenue from our content. Just a thought. Reward us. We are the Customer.

"We were never taking your copyright, were never giving ourselves the ability to market to homeowners or agents directly, and were never getting the ability to publicly share the models. However, there are now agents and brokers out there who believe we were doing some or all of these things. That is unfortunate."

We all understand that Matterport has usurped our Copyright in a mangled explanation. You give us the crayons and paper to create art that we own, but the art can only be hung in your museum. Okay. Fine. We agreed to that we bought our Camera. That has not changed. What has changed is that we agreed to hanging the art for a specific length of time. We didn't agree that you were going to take the art show on the road and make money for exhibition and not pay us. If we are truly Matterport Service Partners – then Partner with us on the revenue share.

Have us excited about sharing in the wealth creation.

To repeat, I the Matterport Ecosystem vision of the future. The only way to clean up this mess is to define the Customer as the one that is paying for the Matterport Cloud Account. Then, all other decisions will be easy.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod

I think that this is the key to everything that has been happening in the last days.

If the MSP is recognized as the only owner of the publishing rights of the Matterport model, then in many cases, with the exception of those where there are security or privacy concerns, we would be more than willing to provide our models to the ecosystem.

But for that, Matterport should do as Jack Nicholson said to Tom Cruise in "A few good man": "You have to ask me nicely"

Post 43 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@jfantin

Post 44 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
Great news that they acted so fast. Things are rolled back so you all can go out and get business today and changing your bad reviews when they turn their Facebook reviews section on right? It’s the right thing to do and know the power you have that if they walk off the line you can use it again to show your feelings. But they made a mistake and corrected it and should not have bad reviews over it. Right? Let’s say you did a shoot and there was a smudge and they reviewed you a 2 Star but then you corrected it. Shouldn’t you expect their review to change for the better because you made things right? I understand about the trust broken and that in the future TOS you want this or that. However right now they made it right. Time for you to do the right thing when they turn on reviews on Facebook.
Post 45 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
@mikeb My guess is that those patents will expire when we are flying our cars to the job and using holograms to showcase the spaces.

Post 46 IP   flag post
@rzphotoman lol. Nice illustration!

I think you might be on to something... It doesn't seem like a 4-dimensional hologram showcase would be included in the Matterport patent. So there is an opening for some competition after all. There is hope we will be set free from the matrix, no longer under threat that our sweat and blood would be used to power some Eco-System of the Elites.

But on a serious note, wasn't it odd that the whole idea of the ecosystem was left so vague and mysterious, and even in Bill's retraction he's only telling us what it isn't and what's the "wrong perception", but never once does he lay out his true plans for the "ecosystem". Let's face it he's not just interested in giving homeowners the opportunity to recieve contracting quotes from a distance. He's not an idiot. There's something much larger going on here and until he comes out in the open about it, it would be foolish for anyone to "opt-in" no matter what reward they are given.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
@mikeb My guess is that those patents will expire when we are flying our cars to the job and using holograms to showcase the spaces.

20 years is the standard for a patent. Copyright is different. You have until you die and many years after that (it was 50 years but it was extended to 70 because of Mickey Mouse - I am not kidding on this one. You probably read the story)

Of course then you have Matterport where your copyright is yours, but is also theirs and they can do with it whathever they want for as long as they want.
Post 48 IP   flag post
eggardner private msg quote post Address this user
It's great that 3.7 has been rolled back, but what about 3.8? Does that remain in the same state?

If so, how do we comply to this term? Do we have to go to the homeowner now to get these consents, approvals and permissions, or is this no longer valid either?

------------------------------

3.8. Responsibility for Content; No Conflicting Interests. As between the parties to this Agreement, You are responsible for all of all Raw Sensor Data, Your Uploaded Content and Derived Imagery, including for the accuracy, legality and integrity of such content. For any location that is captured in Raw Sensor Data, You shall obtain in advance all consents, approvals, licenses, and permissions necessary to capture and use imagery of such location. Matterport shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to remove from the Matterport Cloud any such content that violates this Agreement or any of Matterport’s policies and procedures, or is otherwise objectionable. You represent and warrant that You have all rights, consents and/or permissions necessary to grant Matterport the licenses set forth in Section 3.7 of these Spaces Processing and Hosting Terms, including under any and all copyright and other intellectual property rights, as well as any moral rights, rights of privacy, rights of publicity and similar rights of any type in or to all Raw Sensor Data, Your Uploaded Content and Derived Imagery. YOU SHALL NOT CAUSE TO BE UPLOADED ON THE MATTERPORT CLOUD ANY CONTENT FOR WHICH YOU DO NOT HAVE ALL SUCH NECESSARY OWNERSHIP RIGHTS AND/OR LICENSES, CONSENTS OR PERMISSIONS.
Post 49 IP   flag post
808virtually private msg quote post Address this user
@eggardner good question. I was wondering the same. Even re-reviewed the language in the other sections. Still makes my stomach turn. I don't know how anybody can prove they have the necessary ownership rights without written signed contracts...even from future homeowners?
Post 50 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
Does any body do this as Matterport insits:

"You shall obtain in advance all consents, approvals, licenses, and permissions necessary to capture and use imagery of such location".

If so how do you handle it and what do you have the client sign for permission?
Post 51 IP   flag post
They need it so then they can get their "limited license" from us without facing any responsibility if someone else claims its privacy rights.

They will say: "Hey, I don´t know, this guy, the MSP, told me that he had all the necessary authorizations to capture and USE (this is the key word) imaginery of your location, so we are not to blame here, please sue your MSP"

I might be wrong on this, but I think I am not.

You know, once you know something about Matterport, you know everything there is to know about their intentions and their ways of getting what they want.

We have to keep an eye over this very cclosely.
Post 52 IP   flag post
I don't get it. If the news articles were "false", why retract your TOS if you are right?

And why do I want to make use of my showcase privately and only I can view it as a "homeowner"?

This is so dumb, the whole way of how it was working, worked. And if a client wants to use a 3rd party service, well then let them it is their model they paid for it. Or allow us to assist our clients. But this still going over whom controls what just worded differently.

But don't worry guys everything is fine now.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
Does anybody do this as Matterport insists:

"You shall obtain in advance all consents, approvals, licenses, and permissions necessary to capture and use imagery of such location".

If so how do you handle it and what do you have the client sign for permission?

Yes, I do. It is called an invoice and cash.
Post 54 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@GlennTremain

Post 55 IP   flag post
103470 68 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?