Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 211 Unique Visitors
9,210 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 23,293 Page Views | 12,682 Unique Visitors | 32 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AECConstructionConstruction DocumentationConstruction ManagersVideo

Video: How a home construction company uses Matterport in their workflow20365

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Why Matterport is a crucial in our builds | #smgilberttraditional | AFT Construction + Studio McGee | Video courtesy of AFT Construction YouTube Channel | 16 October 2024

From the AFT Construction YouTube Channel

Matterport is an amazing tool used in real estate for listing tours, growing tremendously in 2020 when homes were being sold rapidly. However, at AFT we have implemented this tool into every build. Thus saving us hours of labor and repair on our homes as they are built. Check out this video explaining the benefits of this Matterport scan. We will also do another scan at completion.

Source: AFT Construction YouTube Channel

Hi All,

Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
@dansmigrod

This is a very overlooked market end use for Matterport. I work with a couple of very high-end builders to do exactly this. Because of clientelle privacy issues, I cannot share any here. The smallest project that I've done was about 5,500 sq ft, and the largest was well over 12,000 sq ft - a home being built for a retired MLB hall-of-famer.

The contractor reports that Matterport has allowed his team to collaborate effectively during the build, and has saved them countless hours of re-work during the finishing stages. Also, it is great client care as they see it. In a recent example, they were called on to add a 600-lb mirror to one of the projects and were able to do so easily using the Matterport to locate studs and insure that no wiring, plumbing, etc would be affected.

Every custom home build, especially in code sensitive areas should also do this for later verification of structure. If your state utilizes a Fortified Homes program, this would serve as excellent documentation of as-built structure.

The reasons to do this are so many that I could spend all morning here.....

Best,

Keith
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Chemistrydoc

Cool! Thanks for sharing. I had not heard about the Fortified Homes Program by the Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety (IBHS).

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chemistrydoc
Every custom home build, especially in code sensitive areas should also do this for later verification of structure. If your state utilizes a Fortified Homes program, this would serve as excellent documentation of as-built structure.

Can you share more about how Matterport fits into the Fortified Homes Program?

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
103799 3 3