Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 187 Unique Visitors
9,204 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 23,005 Page Views | 12,473 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport 2024 Fall ReleaseMatterport NewsMerge ToolMerge Tour

Video: How to Merge Matterport Spaces in Matterport Workshop20319

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Matterport 2024 Fall Release | Matterport News

Video: Matterport 2024 Fall Release | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 1 October 2024

Video: Matterport Facilities Merge Model Tool | Video courtesy of Matterport

Screen Grab 1: Matterport Merge Spaces

Screen Grab 2: Matterport Merge Spaces

Video: How to Merge Spaces in Matterport Workshop

Hi All,

In this Matterport Merge Spaces video, you can see how to merge multiple Matterport digital twins into one Matterport model. Any info associated with the Matterport model will also be merged into the new model (such that tags).

The process looks easy and straight forward:

1. pick which Matterport models (spaces) to merge
2. move models into place using X/Y/Z arrows
3. Hit Merge (and wait about 24 hours). Your original models continue to live. You create an additional model

Questions about Matterport Merge Spaces?

Best,

Dan

---

WGAN Forum Related links:

WGAN Forum posts tagged: Matterport 2024 Fall Release
Matterport Fall Release: Defurnish a Home in 1-Click Tool, Merge Model Tool
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

"For large-scale properties, Matterport’s new Merge tool enables users to seamlessly “snap” together multiple digital twins, or even just pieces of them. Imagine creating a full digital model of an entire hotel, from pool to ballroom, or merging every floor of a high-rise office tower into one cohesive 3D tour of the building. Merge enables multiple team members to scan different sections of a property simultaneously and integrate them later, making it possible to capture and manage even the most expansive buildings quickly and efficiently. Once a seamless digital twin is created, keeping it up-to-date is easy by merging in just a few scans when things change versus having to recapture the entire property," according to this Matterport Blog post.

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Matterport Merge Tool Currently in a private beta. To show your interest in the private beta, log in to your Matterport Workshop account and go to Settings > Features, go to the Beta Features box, and click Enroll to let Matterport know you’re interested, according to a Matterport representative (1 October 2024).
Post 3 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod the one issue I see with this is the first portion of the video is again geared directly to agents that scan their own property. The only exception would be allow an agent to be a collaborator, I am limited to only so many. You cannot easily turn that off and on.

The same with onsite tags a feature that photographers won’t use but a property inspector or building engineer that does the scanning themselves again moving scanning away from the photographer.

Again overall nice features, but how is this going go over with agents that know these tools are available but they get the free scan promised by MP basic service provider.

The tool they need now is add primary agent that can easily access these tools and as photographer or MP service providers we can allow it at the flip of a switch. But have them be able to pay for any features that may require payment or ordered.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ron0987

What about:

CollaboratorGuest1 @ using a gmail account
CollaboratorGuest2 @ using a gmail account
CollaboratorGuest3 @ using a gmail account

Then, when yours clients are done collaborating, change the password and recycle the collaborators.

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod I have tried this in the past and it was not as easy to manage as I originally though. What I found that once a gave an agent a guest email account if the property had been sold no big deal, but if the property was still on the market I had agents regularly change start point downloading photos. If I cut them off that is when it became problematic. I am not sure if I want to go that route again. I lost one agent that thought the access was cut and he lost a sale, not true but needed to blame someone and no longer used me.

To me this looks like a tool that agents will want, not sure but again I don't see agents wanting to scan their own listings. Most pay me because they know what I bring to the table. But again I see Matterports angle on this is not to sell cameras but push agent into subscribing. I scan upload to agents account, which a lot of agents have asked if this is an option. I tell them yes and then they ask me to join as a collaborator and I decline because that would require me to continually create a fictious Gmail account to access these accounts. Again this is a simple fix for MP allow one email address for all accounts. Or MP allow me to select a primary agent for each model and that agent has access to these extra features. I do not see MP doing either.
Post 6 IP   flag post
103778 6 6