Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 211 Unique Visitors
9,210 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 23,293 Page Views | 12,682 Unique Visitors | 32 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport

who has a history of taking outside shots using the original matterport20280

Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
I need to find someone that has done this already ad not have it tied to matterport like most do these days
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I have done quite a bit. Pro1/Pro2 can be tricky and requires some patience and fiddling with camera placement. You can cheat to some extent by filling in with a Z1 or compatible 360 camera (using a 360 camera will bill like the Leica blk for classic plans even if it is just a shot or two)
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I am currently on my phone I’ll see if I can dig up an example or two when I am back at my desk
Post 3 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
@lilnitsch no rush
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I found this one: this was all Pro2

Post 5 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
@lilnitsch Thanks
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@GlennTremain not a problem ~ it can be frustrating at times & therefore requires some patience ~ lighting and time of day to play a role
Post 7 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
@lilnitsch I have seen some with great effects using it too
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I shoot patios and decks often ~ these often will require a mix of converting a 360 view to 3d with the Pro2 to fill in holes when dealing with direct sunlight
Post 9 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@GlennTremain This one created with Pro1, upper deck, scans done in between cloud cover.

These two created with Pro2 camera,

Post 10 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
@ron0987 thanks so much shoots like these really help
Post 11 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
@GlennTremain it can be easily done as long as you observe where the sun is. The rule of thumb is if you can see the sun then chances are it will not work unless it's quite cloudy. But shooting outside with the Pro 1 & 2 has never stop me as well as people I have trained shooting with both of these cameras. They have shot large outdoor areas but of course this happen over time as they began early in the morning before sunrise and then again at sunset until dusk.

The advantage of course in using this technique is you create and authentic MP tour if that is your goal.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport virtual tour by @DanSmigrod

@GlennTremain

I shot this large, outdoor garden over the course of two days with a Matterport Pro1 Camera i 2015.

As @GarySnyder says, as long as the camera can not see the sun, I could shoot.

Best,

Dan

P.S. I recall I began shooting each day shortly after the sunrise and I made sure the low buildings were always blocking the sun when I scanned.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
thank you all. I'm trying to show clients that this technique has been used by craftsman matterport providers for years regardless of what kiddies with cameras are saying (in many markets they are saying it can't be done. I wanted to have a global representation and matterport craftsman do this no problem. I will be showcase each of you. Thanks again
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Here are a few I did a few years ago for Race Club venues. There is plenty of outdoor scanning with a pro2

After that I got a Blk360 and used it to avoid sunlight challenges.

Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarySnyder
@GlennTremain it can be easily done as long as you observe where the sun is. The rule of thumb is if you can see the sun then chances are it will not work unless it's quite cloudy.

When I was doing this deck it was drizzling and I had no problems with alignment. However when I went down to the lawn in front of it the rain stopped and I started having them.

The other model in my post above was scanned on a sunny day after a bit of raining but the building shadow was covering almost the whole square that needed to be scanned to get from the bulding to the elevator. As long as I was in a shade of the building I had no problems and only started to have them once I got to sunny spots.

And on many cases just trying to scan during overcast(even heavy ones) Pro2 scans were not aligning at all.

My take from all these experiences: sunlight infrared cannot be stopped by clouds at all unless it is raining. I do not know if it is high water content in clouds that block infrared or it is actually water drops. Also it obvious that buildings will block infrared, a lot of it is going to bounce so we cannot say for sure we cannot use a Pro2.

However the best still will be using civil twilight(30 minutes before/after sunrise/sunset) as it is when you can use a Pro2 outdoor with no or very little problems.
Post 16 IP   flag post
monnce private msg quote post Address this user
I have done a lot of outside scans with pro2. It was not so difficult after some tests and practice. These places are in Lithuania.

Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Matterport Pro2 | Coping with Sunlight | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 20 September 2024
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Here are several Pro 1 / Pro 2 outdoor projects. Once you understand the need to shoot in overcast weather, early before sunrise, late after sunset or when a yard is otherwise shielded from direct sunlight, this works pretty well. And a plus is that the Pro 1 and 2 cameras enabled better "putting water in the pool" talents (dollhouse view) than the Pro 3, as talked about in other forum threads.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=MmvCA77pWu6

Happy to share tips on doing these sort of scans.
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Matterport Virtual Tour by @DanSmigrod

@GlennTremain

I used a Matterport Pro1 Camera in June 2015 to shoot this Atlanta condo.

The "money shot" was the outdoor terrace overlooking Piedmont Park.

When the agent engaged We Get Around Atlanta to create a Matterport tour, I recall not being told about the terrace.

I recall waiting a few hours until the sun was behind the building to shoot the outdoor terrace in daylight (without the camera being able to see the sun).

Best,

Dan
Post 20 IP   flag post
103799 20 20