Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 534 Unique Visitors
9,180 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 21,895 Page Views | 12,614 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360Google Street ViewVirtual Tour

Virtual Tour Map Of Several Units On A Single Property20237

PhotographyByWasim private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all! A few years back I shot a virtual tour of a farm that had various features from a few short term rentals to a wedding venue to a glamping site, etc. I connected it all using CloudPano at the time so people can walk around the full property. But then the client went a step further on their website and created a map from one of the aerials I shot that you can click on to go to each location in the virtual tour. Anyone know of any affordable (preferably pay-as-you-go instead of subscription) software/site that does similar? This is what they did: https://www.heritagefarmevents.com/virtual-tour
Post 1 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
threesixty.tours? is cheap and easy. then 3dvista
Post 2 IP   flag post
@GlennTremain Thank you! Super appreciate that. Do you know of any that aren't subscription based that I can just pay for a single tour?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
no I dont so you want a one time fee that you can use forever?
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
We'ver done many large-scale tours of this type using 3DVista. It's the best app to use when you transition into large properties.

Here is a Winery/Vineyard/Ranch that we did a few years ago. Most of the buildings are captured in Matterport (12 models in the tour). The Barrel building and Bottling are videos, and 3 of the gazebos are 360 panos. Everything outdoors are 360 panos connected using 3DVista.
OreanaTour.com

3DVista is great as you can do most anything you dream up, and it requires no coding whatsoever - essential for people like me. I admire coders but, hey, just never learned that stuff. The app has a learning curve, but it's worth it! And YOU BUY IT ONCE - no subscription unless you want to use their hosting service. But you can host everything you create by yourself, too. Entirely white-labeled, you're free to be as creative as you can be.

And essentially your farm is the same as any large site, such as our - HamptonTour.com

If you want to get an idea of things you can do with this software, watch this short video about HamptonTour:

More examples on our website - Home3D.us - if you'll forgive a bit of self-promotion. I'm an enthusiast for this app and encourage people who want more from virtual tours to learn it. You'll be happy you did.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@GlennTremain Yes. Pay by tour instead of subscription. That's why I loved CloudPano so much. You can pay just for one tour, I think it was around $15 or something which I was able to bill to the client. I don't do enough volume of real estate/virtual tours to justify a monthly subscription - I might do 5 or 6 per year outside of Zillow 3D or Matterport, not enough to justify spending 200-300/year in perpetuity for properties that aren't sale properties, but more like tours of farms, hotels, resorts, etc.

With that being said, if I cancel subscription after one month, do you know if the tours already created on ThreeSixty or 3dvista stay live?
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Home3D Thanks so much! Super cool stuff you got goin' on (and no sweat on the self-promotion LOL!)! That's two votes for 3DVista, but as I was just telling Glenn above, I don't do enough volume of this scale virtual tours to justify a monthly subscription - I might do 5 or 6 per year outside of Zillow 3D or Matterport for real estate sale listings, not enough to justify spending 200-500/year or a $500 app. If I was, I'd absolutely take your advice with 3DVista. Just need a simple solution a few times a year if I can find one.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Here's the bottom line. As long as your work is Matterport and Zillow 3D, you compete with hundreds of others who do the same thing. There really is no upside. It's a financial race-to-the-bottom. Who will work cheapest?

Develop your skills with 3DVista or another high-end app capable of creating tours like Hampton, and you have very little competition. If you watch the WGAN-TV webcast Eric and I did with Dan moderating and with our Hampton client, Mary, expounding on the entire process, and at one point you'll here Mary explain there were about 10-12 companies that bid on the Hampton project, and she says NONE of them were capable of doing what we did. I'm not saying this to pat my self on the back. My point is that if you develop high-end virtual tour skills (it doesn't happen overnight) you can create complex tours with little or no competition. I much prefer that to competing only on price.

I've created over a hundred 3DVista tours now and they are all hosted on the service that also hosts our website. It's WAY WAY cheaper than Matterport hosting and I'm in complete control. I started using 3DVista thinking it was a niche "couple tours a year" pursuit. Now it's all the time. Learn to do something unusual and the "volume" issue takes care of itself.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Home3D Absolutely agree with all your saying and super appreciate your perspective. As far as real estate listings, I shoot a bunch of Matterport and Zillow because that's what those particular regular clients I have specifically want, but this particular project is for a retreat center/property, so it's not a one-off that will disappear once the listing is sold. This one they want to rest/embed on their site for the long-term.

If I was doing over a hundred of these like you, then ABSOLUTELY worth the $499 for 3DVista, no question about it. Hell, I'd even ask for your affiliate link if you've got one to help you out a bit for all the wisdom and knowledge you've imparted on me (and sharing the beautiful tours you've created).

However, in my case, I'm doing maybe 4 or 5 of these full-blown virtual tours each year in a good year as it's not my main job/vertical, most of my photography work is travel & event as well as GSV and virtual reality video tours for attractions/resorts/DMOs etc.

This type of project only comes along once every little while so a pay as you go option I can bill to the client is still the desired one for my pithy volume of these.

I did find TourWizard as well that seems to be a decent option with a pay as you go plan. But if there are more of these in the future for me, then I will absolutely be taking your advice and words and running with 3DVista and will probably humbly reach out to you for some guidance if I do.

The other factor is I also own a small retail store and do a lot of work with alpaca farms which is 70% of my time, so quite honestly, I don't even have the desire to scale a virtual tour business right now. Ceompletely happy with the work I'm doing and the projects/verticals I've got going on, last thing I need right now is more work (I recognize and am humbly blessed that I'm quite fortunate in that sense).

Regardless, I so super appreciate your taking the time to present your experience and point of view. No joke. Because of you, I've bookmarked 3DVista, so who knows what will happen... Thanks so much Home3D!
Post 9 IP   flag post
103537 9 9