Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 263 Unique Visitors
9,178 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 21,581 Page Views | 12,542 Unique Visitors | 33 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360AdviceCapture AppMatterport

Is it possible to use 360 photos from old model in a new tour (Matterport)?20184

JamesG private msg quote post Address this user
Next month I will be re-scanning a venue that I scanned last year.

I am wondering if it is possible to import the 360 photos that I captured last year and add them to this new model. If so, how would I go about doing this?

I have been searching the forum and can't find anything on the topic- so forgive me if this has been discussed before and I missed it.

Also, not sure it's relevant, but last year's model was taken with a Pro 2 and for next month's scan I will use a Pro 3.
Post 1 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@JamesG Did you save the original model in the capture app, then no need to do anything other than use it. I would duplicate the model then start adding scans with the Pro3 camera, it should not be an issue.

If you do not have that available all you need to do is then download the panoramic from the model you created. When you scan to an area you want to re-use the existing pano at the time of capture you then use the capture app feature that gives you the opportunity to import it. It would have to be saved on your Ipad or tablet. If it processes successfully it will be in the model. If it work correctly it should align with the model, you may have to find it and manually align it. I have had a few cases where it dropped it where it is supposed to, and I have had a few cases where I had to zoom out find it and manually align it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
JamesG private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @ron0987 , great idea!

I do have the original file on my capture app (on my iPad).

So what I think I'll do is make a copy of last year's file and then delete all but one of the scan points on the copy (and keep all of the 360 photos).

Then when I arrive at the venue next month, I will begin taking new scans. After I make my first new scan I will delete that last old scan point that I didn't delete before.

And to clarify, I do want a whole new 3D model of the venue, I just want to use the old 360 photos from last year. But it sounds like this is a good solution to my issue.
Post 3 IP   flag post
103470 3 3