Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 263 Unique Visitors
9,178 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 21,581 Page Views | 12,542 Unique Visitors | 33 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseFloor PlansMatterportPro2Scanning

Matterport scanning problems !!20177

Benardearl private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all just a quick question if anyone has ever experienced these problems, first of all while scanning using my iPhone 13 which is a new enough iPhone, but every time I scan now it only allows 1 scan before app crashing I then re open app and it will let me do one scan then after that crash and so on, secondly when scanning the number of scans at the top of the app is different to the number of blue circle scan points, not by like one or two by nearly 150 I have attached a photo for reference. Any help on any of these problems especially the first one as I am currently in middle of a project for work and its holding me back big time, THANKS!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
A job of this size an iPad would be the preferred device if for no other reason the larger display for checking alignment and marking up the model. (iPad Pro's have 16GB of Ram)

The iPhone 13 only has 4GB of Ram (13 Pro has 6gb) with the Capture App crashing you are likely running into a RAM issue ~ I would make sure that only the capture app is running on the phone and have no other apps open.

I wouldn't worry about the Scan #'s as long as they are appearing in the right spot and are properly aligning with the previous scan position
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Benardearl

Is creating a second model an option? Link together via tags or use a platform that allows two Matterport tours in one player.

If you overlap scanning by about 20 percent, you may - for a fee - be able to get Matterport to combined the completed models. Matterport may take time to do this, if at all. I believe this is typically an enterprise size client solution.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Benardearl private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod if I added mattertags would the property report show both sides as I'm scanning a pretty large factory so I did half the factory then scanned second half in a new job and linked in using a mattertag would property report show both sides of factory basically?
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV | How to Use Matterport Property Report and Plug-ins: Compass, Mini-Map, Quick Link and Business Card | Guest: Scan Your Space (a Division of Sparks Media Group) Founder and CEO Tom Sparks | Thursday, 6 June 2024 | Episode: 218 www.ScanYourSpace.com | www.SparksMediaGroup.com | @ScanYourSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by @DigitalReplica3D
Video: Shop Talk 61: Property Layout & Plugins | Video courtesy of Matterport | 10 June 2024

Video: Matterport: All About Property Layout | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 16 June 2024 | 16 June 2024

@Benardearl

Each Matterport digit twin will receive its own Matterport Automated Property Report.

Some videos (above) that may be helpful.

If you end-up reaching out to Matterport about combining the two tours, please let us know how that goes.

Also, below is an example of two Matterport tours displayed in one Show & Tour player:

Show & Tour example provided by @sherpa_media

Show & Tour Founder @sherpa_media created the example above to solve a problem presented in this WGAN Forum discussion.

Best,

Dan

Show & Tour

Show & Tour
Post 5 IP   flag post
103470 5 5