Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 263 Unique Visitors
9,178 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 21,581 Page Views | 12,542 Unique Visitors | 33 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
PricingWish List

Wish List: Matterport Pricing20106

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @MeshImages
New plans and classic plans.

Will he harmonize business models for hosting. I would like to see a processing fee combined with lower monthly hosting cost on the new plan and migrate all classic models to this lower hosting fee vault.

This Matterport Pricing Wish List item is from this WGAN Forum discussion:

=>Question of the Day: What should I ask the CEO of CoStar about Matterport?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Vitasys private msg quote post Address this user
I would like to ask when Matterport will finally decide to place the data at Amazon in Ireland for its European customers. This would comply with GDPR regulations and likely boost sales, which I estimate could be an additional 250 cameras for us alone.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Meidansha private msg quote post Address this user
Mad request, but I would ask that Matterport exits the scanning market. Instead they create a training program for Enterprise clients. That way they would have more money to spend on marketing their platform and would massively cut personel costs on sales of capture services. Marketing would in-turn lead to more new accounts than providing services for existing clients who already have them and provide better ROI than scanning for existing clients.

For MSPs like us, that would mean there would be an incentive to increase the hosting allowance on our Matterport accounts and earn Matterport more money. At the same time this would come with lower expense on Matterport's own books.

As far as account structure goes, I would agree with Dan that an upload and a download (yes, you read right) fee should be charged. The current business model Matterport holds is dependent on low server fees. But for how much longer can this be maintained with the size of the scans being held and the amount being archived? It would make sense to charge a "return fee" for sending your information to the Matterport cloud and earning money on both sides of the journey. That way big clients and governments too would be more easily satisfied if their information was scheduled to be deleted at a set date.

My three thoughts for today, put as best possible from Matterport's perspective.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Top request from my team: Let users download FULL RESOLUTION 16K panos from our tours. Also permit retouching and reloading of enhanced panos back into tours, just as was part of the GeoCV system years ago, and is also part of the new Realsee system. Clearly it is possible, just let users do it.

The ability to retouch / enhance is a critical function for consumer-end tours, whether for real estate or commerce. To protect the interests of clients such as insurance and law enforcement, Matterport can embed a notice into any enhanced tour signifying that image changes were made. Insurance clients using collaborator scan professionals can "lock" their accounts to reject enhanced models. This is all easy to do, just takes a decision by Matterport.
Post 4 IP   flag post
103470 4 4