• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceAECMatterportPro3Questions

how to best share Matterport's CAD files?20054

DigitalReplica3D private msg quote post Address this user
I ordered MP's CAD file and received the files for download. At 5.34 GB it is too large to share by email. Any suggestion. If I made the recipient/designer a temporary collaborator. Will that allow them to download the file on their end?
Appreciate and look forward to your reply.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@DigitalReplica3D

How about Dropbox?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@DigitalReplica3D or Google drive allows you to create file and designate access to only certain people that you control and first stage Google account is either extremely cheap or free.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @DigitalReplica3D,

A WeTransfer Pro account will allow files up to 200GB to be transferred.

Oliver
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic Member
Boston
Noddy private msg quote post Address this user
I use Hightail for large files, customer deliverables etc. I get a confirmation when the file has been received / downloaded, and the paid version lets me set password access, and expiry date for the link if needed
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks everyone. I’ll take a look at the suggestions. I don’t want to add my client as a collaborator knowing Matterport will later try to poach them and look to sell them cameras and services.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Sdoughtie private msg quote post Address this user
I found that many of my corporate clients’ IT department block Dropbox and Wetransfer. I upload them to my webserver and give them a direct download link to the zipfile.

i’m also curious why Materport CAD files are 5 GB. Are they raster or something?
Post 7 IP   flag post
@ron0987. Thanks! Google Drive worked like a charm. I already have GMAIL. I was able to send the large 5.6 GB file and didn’t have to pay any extra.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
I take it one step further. I have a legal disclaimer that I use in the message section of the WeTransfer email. This states that by downloading, the client agrees to the terms stated therein. The nice thing is that WeTransfer sends a download confirmation. I save all of these and hope to never have to use them!

Happy weekend, all.

Keitj
Post 9 IP   flag post
@sdoughtie regarding “I’m also curious why Matterport CAD files are 5 GB”
I don’t know. Have you had a chance to work with MP’s CAD files? I don’t have Autodesk or AutoCAD. I’d appreciate any insight from you or others that work with CAD or BIM files. Curious if they work as expected.
In my case fortunately the designer reached out to me requesting a Pro 3 scan and Matterport’s CAD file. Specifically .DWG .DXF and .PDF’s. Which is included along with a couple other files in the CAD package.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Sdoughtie private msg quote post Address this user
@DigitalReplica3D Please let us kmow what their reaction is.
Post 11 IP   flag post
103404 11 11