• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pro3Pro3 Problems

New Problem with Matterport Pro3 / iOS Capture20014

WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all - FYI

Went to scan a property today. Set up the Pro3 and proceeded. First scan - no problem. Second scan - No Alignment, no matter what I did. After about a 60 min wait on Tech Support, I was informed that this is a known issue with the following combination: Pro3 scanner + iPhone 12 and higher and using LIDAR scan in the Matterport Caoture App.

Only workaround for me was to change from LIDAR scan to Complete Scan.

Apparently the problem does not manifest with iPad.

As typical for Matterport support, they could offer no ETA on the fix.

Happy Monday!

Keith
Post 1 IP   flag post
Vanaman06 private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure what you mean by a LiDAR scan vs complete scan. Pro3 always uses lidar. Did you mean standard, medium, and high density scans?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
No, the quirk of this problem is that the menu you are referring to is replaced with a different menu (choices were LIDAR scan, several others, and the last one was Complete Scan. By selecting Complete Scan, it now works and the menu is back to normal. Without that instruction however, I would have been dead in the water for the rest of the day.

I couldn’t help but ask the support person if they were trying beta features out on paying customers again.

KF
Post 3 IP   flag post
DigitalReplica3D private msg quote post Address this user
@chemistrydoc Curious what all of the other scan choices were? You mentioned Lidar and Complete scans as options along with several others.
Post 4 IP   flag post
DigitalReplica3D private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know if a Matterport scan that overloads the scanning device defers to a lower data scan? For example it denies a LiDAR but proceeds with a Complete scan?
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
@DigitalReplica3D

I’m sorry that I didn’t screen shot it. I was under extreme time pressure to complete the scan and I was straining to understand the MP rep (whose English skills were IMO not adequate for the role she was in). I just solved the problem and moved on. But when I checked that same menu later, it had changed to the more familiar one with many fewer choices.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Vanaman06 private msg quote post Address this user
For some reassurance, I have been using an iPhone 13 Pro for 2 years with the Pro3 camera and haven’t had any issues. Hopefully it stays that way lol.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Same here. It hasn’t recurred, but I was DOA when it happened. What just burns me is that the support person just casually mentioned that it was a known issue….. known to everyone but their paying customers, I guess
Post 8 IP   flag post
103404 8 8