Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 211 Unique Visitors
9,210 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 23,293 Page Views | 12,682 Unique Visitors | 32 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
PaymentsPhotography for Real EstateWatermarking

Real Estate Photography - Watermarking20005

Sdoughtie private msg quote post Address this user
I don't do real estate photograph. I'm not sure how the process works or if you send proofs with watermarking. But I saw this on Reddit and thought I would share.

It's really disheartening to hear his take on photographers, being someone who is in the tech industry and should understand rights of creators.

-------------

Never send out shots with watermarks if you are hoping to be paid for them

This should link directly to the timestamp for this but just in case it’s at 1:08:30 in the video.

This is why you should never send people watermarked images thinking that will get them to purchase actual prints from you. Also given how often the RAW question comes up, here’s what many people who hire photographers think and what you’re up against

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I do not watermark images & I primarily shoot Residential ~ I can see the argument if someone wanted the raw files (no-one to date has ever asked me for raw un-edited images) but, if someone wanted them and were wanting to pay extra for the un-edited images I would have no issue with that. That said I am not a big fan of Linus in general
Post 2 IP   flag post
Buster6070 private msg quote post Address this user
My business is primarily residential too. My backend software automatically adds a paywall and watermarks to the preview images before payment. Never had a problem and doubt any realtor would go through that trouble or be tech savvy enough to do that.

As for LTT, I'm with @lilnitsch, he's a YouTuber with a very immature mindset. GamersNexus did a great peace on him a while back and sort of checked him. Channel went dark for a few weeks because of it while they self reflected. Lol.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I am a solo owner operator and still accept several payment methods ~ I find the easier I make it for folks to pay me the faster I get paid
Post 4 IP   flag post
Sdoughtie private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch Same for me... Though, I find most companies still like checks.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I have a rental company that pays via ach. If
I had totake a paper check which I have done in the past I simply cash the check at their bank for customers I have yet to deal with
Post 6 IP   flag post
103799 6 6