• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceAppleGeariPhoneQuestionsTips

Anyone Using an iPhone 15 Pro Max for Scanning Instead of an iPad?19971

Nadir Patch
and MP2Edit
Lima, Peru
tresdepro private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well! I’m considering upgrading my scanning equipment and I'm curious if anyone here has experience using the iPhone 15 Pro Max for scanning purposes, instead of an iPad Air o iPad Pro.

Specifically, I'm interested in:

Image Quality: How does the iPhone 15 Pro Max compare to the latest iPad models in terms of image quality and resolution for scanning?
Ease of Use: Is the smaller screen size of the iPhone 15 Pro Max a hindrance, or do the enhanced camera features make up for it?
Performance: How does the iPhone 15 Pro Max handle larger scanning tasks? Is there any noticeable lag or performance drop compared to using an iPad?
App Compatibility: Are there any issues with Matterport app on the iPhone 15 Pro Max that I should be aware of?
Battery Performance: How does the battery life hold up during extensive scanning sessions compared to an iPad?
Any insights, personal experiences, or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Vanaman06 private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve been using my 13 Pro Max with a pro3 camera for a little over 2 years. I don’t use it for jobs over 100-150 scans though. Starts getting slow on processing around 100 and have to reboot everything sometimes.

Other than the large scans the only issue is that I have to zoom in further to mark windows/mirrors etc.

For reference, My iPad is a 2021 iPad Pro 1TB and it’s the same up to 100-150 scans.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Nadir Patch
and MP2Edit
Lima, Peru
tresdepro private msg quote post Address this user
@Vanaman06
Thank you for sharing your experience and insights! It's helpful to know about the performance limitations with larger scans and the need to zoom in for marking windows and mirrors. Your feedback is valuable and much appreciated.
Post 3 IP   flag post
103404 3 3