• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CamerasChargingPro3

Matterport quietly released a USB-C Pro3 charging dock19955

leon6782 private msg quote post Address this user
In the grand scheme of things I know this seems small, but it feels really underhanded that Matterport creates an asinine charging dock design, then updates it to something a bit less asinine, doesn't announce this change, and also doesn't offer a way to replace the original/more asinine design.

HERE is the most updated help article related to the Pro3 charger. It specifies a change in design this summer, starting with the moronic barrel connector, changing to the now almost standard everywhere USB-C.

I've already asked support to help replace my barrel connector version with the newer USB-C, and they said hell no. I don't even see a way to purchase it outright. On the Matterport accessories page, it still has the old style. Am I supposed to buy a whole new Pro3 just to get this new charger?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Update here for everyone...

After going back and forth with MP Support, they confirmed that there is in fact no way to purchase this updated charger for the Pro3, other than buying an entirely new Pro3 package.

If feels like MP heard initial feedback about how dumb it was to build a charger with a barrel connector, then tried to secretly update it. Early purchasers of the Pro3 should not be punished for trusting MP with a new product release.

Curious if anyone has any advice here on how to voice our opinion as a community to encourage MP to do the right thing and send out the updated version to anyone who has already purchased the old style.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Sdoughtie private msg quote post Address this user
MP is getting to like Apple, I just buy whatever they come out with...

I lost a charger and they do sell them separately. Also, a 65W usb C charger charges the batteries without a problem.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@sdoughtie, where did you find the replacement? Was it the updated version with USB-C on the charger dock as well?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Sdoughtie private msg quote post Address this user
@leon6782 It was the usb-c to barrel connector, not the usb-c to usb-c.

https://www.amazon.com/Matterport-Camera-Battery-Charging-Digital/dp/B0B8Z8SFZ9/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2OYBFA0VHQFZV&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.MhCZqtNdLmBMbrfSFRnJjoAX7zmU1x77zIgzjjjAcblWRiImILfIhdL8uDaZ2H9ID2LJsOx0tCcBHeHUrxdylEJvqOdIOj2x4bURMwSuYliizEUnSOm8xfWGmJOi3KRL.6lxcAXwU3IauwpEk4p8fxp0pN9G9LjoUNMBcH9_cVNE&dib_tag=se&keywords=matterport+pro+3+battery+charger&qid=1719220800&sprefix=MATTERPORT+PRO+3+CHAR%2Caps%2C75&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1
Post 5 IP   flag post
103404 5 5