• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D VistaGaussian SplattingNeRFPhotogrammetry

Gaussian Splats - GSplats - a primer19954

WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
First let's do the fun part. Take a look at these gsplats, processed on the Lumalabs site:

Malibu Hilltop house (seen a couple days ago via my post regarding Realsee Galois and Matterport Pro 3)
Malibu Hilltop gsplat

Castle Peak, West Hills, CA
Castle Peak gsplat

Calabasas Estate, Calabasas, CA
Calabasas Estate gsplat

57 Windward, Venice, CA
57 Windward gsplat

Malibu View
Malibu View gsplat

Don't just WATCH these gsplats rotate in their auto-loops, click and drag wherever you want to go. That's the beauty of this.

Gaussian Splatting is a new process for the creation of high-performance 3D models. It's not photogrammetry. It's not NeRF radiance fields. It's a bit of both and beyond. Before you ask - NO - I haven't the faintest idea how it works, even after watching multiple videos made by people much smarter than me. Here's one to check out:

Why am I excited? Because other people (smarter than me) believe that gsplats will (soon) be a method to create 3D models for virtual tours that function better and look better than what we can achieve today with photogrammetry. AND… You know how in a Matterport dollhouse you can move around, but only stop at the nodes where the camera was placed? How would you like to move ANYWHERE, freely and smoothly, like this:

3DVista - First Person Mode
https://storage.net-fs.com/hosting/2727323/493/

Skip the Intro and get into navigating this gallery. No nodes, smooth movement anywhere. BTW, if your "feet" hit one of the benches, you'll be stopped, just like in real life, Ouch! Backup a little and watch where you're going! This is NOT a gsplat, but it demonstrates that principle of free movement without nodes. This gallery was created in a CAD program, not "captured" like with Matterport, but you get the idea. Gsplats have no nodes, and they are probably coming to systems like 3DVista where you can already create virtual tours based on 3D models such as these we have completed, which used photogrammetry:
(Tip: look at these on a computer or at least an iPad. They work on phones but you’re cheating yourself with a tiny screen)

SantaRosaTour.com

HillsideTour.com

HamptonTour.com

SequoiaTour.com

There is very exciting stuff happening in 3D for virtual tours. Anything I learn, I’ll post here so all of us Dan-fans can share and learn from one another. If you're committed to blazing trails, study up and fasten your seat belt.
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Great post, thank you @home3d!

For those who want to read some background information and differences between Nerfs, Photogrammetry and 3D Gaussian Splatting please read here
Post 2 IP   flag post
Bochum, Germany
framedivision private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm (which really is impressive), @home3d :-)

And also thanks, @MeshImages, for the link to the additional tech infos! There are of course also other pages comparing those technologically different approaches, but (at a first glance) that one seems to be really good!

Best regards,
Dietmar
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Home3D

Thank you for sharing.

There is something MAGICAL about the transition from mesh-view to image view. And, the ability to smoothly fly-in.

Please keep sharing, including your insights.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Geo Week News (On-Demand Webinar | free)

NeRFs and Gaussian Splatting: The Future of 3D

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Bochum, Germany
framedivision private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Geo Week News (On-Demand Webinar | free)

NeRFs and Gaussian Splatting: The Future of 3D

Best,

Dan

Thanks for sharing, Dan! I just registered and will probably check it out this evening :-)

Best regards,
Dietmar
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Dietmar @framedivision

✓Geo Week News (24 July 2024) - Five Takeaways from Geo Week News’ Recent Webinar on NeRFs and Gaussian Splats

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Geo Week News (14 August 2024) Answering Your Questions About NeRFs and Gaussian Splats
Getting back to questions left unanswered in a recent Geo Week News webinar.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Geo Week News (3 September 2024) Around the 3D Technology Industry: Gaussian Splatting, 3D Scanning, Digital Twins

A look at recent stories from around the internet covering the latest news and stories from the 3D technology industry.
Post 9 IP   flag post
103404 9 9