• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CAPTUR3DFloor PlansHow toMatterportpdfQuestions

How to import a .pdf into Matterport?19953

US Building
Survey, LLC
Olathe, Kansas
rhelling private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not sure if this is even possible.

Does anyone know if you can import an image or PDF into a Matterport model?!?
(i.e. placing an image of a future floor plan layout.)
Post 1 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
You can insert .pdfs fairly easily as Mattertags.

https://support.matterport.com/s/article/Add-Multimedia-to-a-Mattertag-Post?language=en_US
Post 2 IP   flag post
US Building
Survey, LLC
Olathe, Kansas
That doesn't really give the effect we're looking for...

We're looking at being able to view the Matterport model, but that floor would be a PDF of a "modified" floor plan that we insert. I hope that makes sense.

I'm not really sure it's possible. We just have a client requesting it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
CATHAL private msg quote post Address this user
It is possible with something like captur3d. You can put the PDF as big or small as you want on either a floor or a wall
Post 4 IP   flag post
US Building
Survey, LLC
Olathe, Kansas
@cathal

I think that's what we're looking for. I don't know much about Captur3d, but it looks like I might need to grab an account and see what they can do! ;-)
Post 5 IP   flag post
Bochum, Germany
framedivision private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, @rhelling!

I don't know if I understand you correctly, but if you'd wish to show floorplans / blueprints embedded into the Matterport space (s. screenshot), then take a look into the great platform "Simlab Stages". It focuses on supporting AEC processes and beside other impressive features it offers the option to show your plans right in the Space (all view modes, i. e. also in dollhouse and floorplan mode).

Best regards,
Dietmar

PS:
Sorry - the screenshot won't upload... :-(
Here is a video I did showing some of Stages' capabilities (the video is in German and the PDF-part starts at about 04:45)
Post 6 IP   flag post
US Building
Survey, LLC
Olathe, Kansas
@framedivision

Thanks Dietmar.

What I want to do is take an existing Matterport dollhouse of a space that I scanned...and render a floor plan of that space with a new conceptual layout on the interior. Nothing technical - just conceptual.
The output would just be a floor plan.
(i.e. scanning an old office space and then providing a new conceptual layout for a nail salon.)

It sounds like Captur3d might be able to do that...but if Simlab Stages has a process for creating a conception dollhouse that would be kinda cool too.
Post 7 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
@rhelling

This is the solution that @framedivision mentioned above

Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV | How to Use Matterport Property Report and Plug-ins: Compass, Mini-Map, Quick Link and Business Card | Guest: Scan Your Space (a Division of Sparks Media Group) Founder and CEO Tom Sparks | Thursday, 6 June 2024 | Episode: 218 www.ScanYourSpace.com | www.SparksMediaGroup.com | @ScanYourSpace

Matterport Digital Twin 2: Shows Matterport New Business Card and Quick Link Features | Matterport Digital Twin courtesy of Matterport

Video 4: Matterport Quick Link Plugin | Video Courtesy of Matterport | 15 February 2024

@rhelling

With Matterport Plugin Quick Link, you can insert a thumbnail of the pdf (see Matterport Tour example above in the bottom left) and then link to the .pdf (where ever it is hosted on the internet.

In this example (above), there is a house image inserted and then "Start an Offer" is the link.

On WGAN-TV Podcast (episode above), my guest, Scan Your Space (a Division of Sparks Media Group) Founder and CEO Tom Sparks, shows and tells how to do this.

Does that help?

Best,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
US Building
Survey, LLC
Olathe, Kansas
@meshimages

Nice. I think that’s what we’re after
Post 10 IP   flag post
CAPTUR3D
Team
Melbourne, Australia
AlexHitchcock private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @rhelling !

Alex here - I'm a part of the Captur3d team. Feel free to drop me [Private Message] if you have any questions. We can also jump on a quick call if you prefer and I'l show you how to integrate the PDF file in a couple of different ways.

If you haven't signed up to Captur3d yet, you can use this special WGAN link. to get a free 30 day trial and $90 worth of free credits to use for custom floor plans and photo retouching etc.
Post 11 IP   flag post
inmerso3D private msg quote post Address this user
@rhelling I believe the solution you're looking for is provided by Simlab Stages, as mentioned by @MeshImages @framedivision . The dollhouse is from Matterport, and below you can place whatever you want: a PDF, a CAD file, an image, etc.
Post 12 IP   flag post
DigitalReplica3D private msg quote post Address this user
@rhelling your request is “take an existing Matterport dollhouse of a space that I scanned...and render a floor plan of that space with a new conceptual layout on the interior. Nothing technical - just conceptual.”

You can accomplish that yourself using MP’s new Property Report and Edit Layout. I find in most cases you’ll need to edit the processed space’s layout regardless. I find errors in the floor plan processed by Matterport almost 100% of the time. It doesn’t take much time to delete or add walls, doors etc.

The pics are from a ADU I’m scanning as it’s being built. To show you an example. I took a moment to add walls and doors for two offices. Once that is complete MP will automatically update the floor plan. This is not as detailed as some of the other suggestion like SimLab but may suffice your request for “conceptual and nothing technical”

Best,
Charlie

Post 13 IP   flag post
DigitalReplica3D private msg quote post Address this user
@rhelling I should also mention the Property Layout feature is only editable on a desktop.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalReplica3D
@rhelling your request is “take an existing Matterport dollhouse of a space that I scanned...and render a floor plan of that space with a new conceptual layout on the interior. Nothing technical - just conceptual.”

You can accomplish that yourself using MP’s new Property Report and Edit Layout. I find in most cases you’ll need to edit the processed space’s layout regardless. I find errors in the floor plan processed by Matterport almost 100% of the time. It doesn’t take much time to delete or add walls, doors etc.

The pics are from a ADU I’m scanning as it’s being built. To show you an example. I took a moment to add walls and doors for two offices. Once that is complete MP will automatically update the floor plan. This is not as detailed as some of the other suggestion like SimLab but may suffice your request for “conceptual and nothing technical”

Best,
Charlie

Charlie,

Brilliant use-case.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 15 IP   flag post
US Building
Survey, LLC
Olathe, Kansas
@DigitalReplica3D
Charlie, that works pretty well for creating a quick floor plan layout. I didn't realize that was one of the new features that Matterport has in the Property Report & Edit Layout tool. I suppose I should have looked at that closer when it came out. Regardless, I appreciate you bringing that to my attention.

I think the solution we found is with Captur3D. We provided a quick 'revised layout' sketch and the end product we got back from Captur3D was great - presentable to the client. I'm working with @AlexHitchcock on some client requests that I hope we can figure out - specifically different 3D view angles. We have a client that could possibly use a lot of this type of 'conceptual layout' feature in spaces that we've scanned.

Appreciate everyone's input. Thanks.
Randall
Post 16 IP   flag post
Bochum, Germany
framedivision private msg quote post Address this user
Glad you found a working solution, @rhelling - that sounds very interesting! I'll definitely keep your approach with CAPTUR3D in mind, just in case I should have the same requirement one day :-)

Greetings from Germany,
Dietmar

PS:
Ahhhh, almost forgot: It would be really cool if you could share (a part of) the result, so we get an impression of what can be achieved with this approach :-)
Post 17 IP   flag post
US Building
Survey, LLC
Olathe, Kansas
@framedivision

Here's the results we got. We thought it was a great/simple solution for allowing a potential tenant to QUICKLY visualize how their space would look.

Post 18 IP   flag post
CAPTUR3D
Team
Melbourne, Australia
AlexHitchcock private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the awesome feedback @rhelling glad we could help!
Post 19 IP   flag post
103404 19 19