• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360AerialDroneEditingProperty LinesQuestionsVideo

Combine 2d drawing with a drone 360 image?19592

enriqueleopardi private msg quote post Address this user
Hello.

I have a 360° drone image from a piece of land where a real state project will be built. I would like to combine the projects 2d drawing to this actual 360 photography, as an overlay. Resulting on a 360 images with the drawing applied to it.

here is an example of what I would like to achieve: https://tourvirtual360.com.br/apice01/

I have tried a two approaches: in photoshop distorting and merging the drawing to a equirectangular view od the drone image, and also in affinity photo Adding the drawing as a layer to the image in 360 view this last approach didn't work because since the drawing is much bigger then the window of view, when I merge both layers down the parts od the drawing that were outside the window of view got cut out.

Does anyone know a good technique on how to achieve a good result?

Thank you in advance!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Premium
Lahaina, Hawaii
Skeeter private msg quote post Address this user
Following
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@enriqueleopardi

Does the video in this WGAN Forum post help you solve this puzzle?

How to add video overlay for drone video?

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
So, this use to be pretty easy in Photoshop but now to add graphics or approximate lot lines you will need something like affinity photos ~ I did this quickie video recently to show someone else how to add approximate lot lines to an image. Adding a plat map would be a similar process and would just be a manner of sizing and positioning the development map on your 360 image ~ the mouse over highlighting of phase 1, phase 2, etc is something done in that tour platform

Post 4 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@enriqueleopardi if I had to point you in a direction and work flow it would be 3Dvista. I just started some what doing the same thing.

The work flow is somewhat strait forward. I have no completed projects because I am still learning the software I am getting to know the softwares ability. Here is how I see it working.

Go to Google earth and see if you have a clear clean view of what you’re looking for take a screen shot with coordinates. You can do this next part yourself but I found a lot of YouTube videos on how but found it easier to go to Fiverr and contract a person to do it. I did search of Google maps to GLB conversion in Fiverr, I had it converted for $20 to get that part done. The reason you need GLB file is because that is the only file format that 3Dvista accepts for this.

In 3Dvista, you can see a few example by others here in the forum or look at 3Dvista flyover feature in YouTube. Once you import it in the flyover module you can then go in and add the button feature by creating a plain in the view making it transparent and converting it to an interactive button you can click on.

I have worked the GLB import and it looks great from a model created on Fiverr. I am just learning how to create interactive buttons in the 360 photos or flyover model. I saw in one YouTube video that you can create buttons and surfaces in the 360 photo.

I am finding 3Dvista very powerful in doing this style of work. Glenn Tremain and Home 3d are doing amazing things with 3Dvista.

The only reason I am looking at this is because I got an agent asking for the exact same thing and trying to figure out workflow, but do not have completed project.

3Dvista has a trial option, but I recommend if your going to use the trial option you get the conversion done first my contractor took 3 days to do it. Then that step is complete and your not wasting trial time waiting.

Hopefully that helps I can answer some questions but still learning.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnitsch
So, this use to be pretty easy in Photoshop but now to add graphics or approximate lot lines you will need something like affinity photos ~ I did this quickie video recently to show someone else how to add approximate lot lines to an image. Adding a plat map would be a similar process and would just be a manner of sizing and positioning the development map on your 360 image ~ the mouse over highlighting of phase 1, phase 2, etc is something done in that tour platform

Hello Lilnitsch. Thanks for the input. This technique I know and have used it before. But like I tried to explain before, since the image I want combine is much larger the the window view of Affinity, I can-t apply it. it will cop the part that are outside the window.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@enriqueleopardi

Does the video in this WGAN Forum post help you solve this puzzle?

How to add video overlay for drone video?

Best,

Dan
Thanks a lot Dan. I will definitely take a look at it!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron0987
@enriqueleopardi if I had to point you in a direction and work flow it would be 3Dvista. I just started some what doing the same thing.

The work flow is somewhat strait forward. I have no completed projects because I am still learning the software I am getting to know the softwares ability. Here is how I see it working.

Go to Google earth and see if you have a clear clean view of what you’re looking for take a screen shot with coordinates. You can do this next part yourself but I found a lot of YouTube videos on how but found it easier to go to Fiverr and contract a person to do it. I did search of Google maps to GLB conversion in Fiverr, I had it converted for $20 to get that part done. The reason you need GLB file is because that is the only file format that 3Dvista accepts for this.

In 3Dvista, you can see a few example by others here in the forum or look at 3Dvista flyover feature in YouTube. Once you import it in the flyover module you can then go in and add the button feature by creating a plain in the view making it transparent and converting it to an interactive button you can click on.

I have worked the GLB import and it looks great from a model created on Fiverr. I am just learning how to create interactive buttons in the 360 photos or flyover model. I saw in one YouTube video that you can create buttons and surfaces in the 360 photo.

I am finding 3Dvista very powerful in doing this style of work. Glenn Tremain and Home 3d are doing amazing things with 3Dvista.

The only reason I am looking at this is because I got an agent asking for the exact same thing and trying to figure out workflow, but do not have completed project.

3Dvista has a trial option, but I recommend if your going to use the trial option you get the conversion done first my contractor took 3 days to do it. Then that step is complete and your not wasting trial time waiting.

Hopefully that helps I can answer some questions but still learning.
Hello RON. I am using 3Dvista for a few months already. I saw instantly that the example I sent was made with it. What I can't manage to do is do combine a 360° drone shot with that 2D drawing. But I this idea you gave can really be the solution. Try to combine both inside a ed environment and not as flat images. Thanks a lot!

And have fun learning 3Dvista, I for sure love it.

I will get back here once I find a solution do my question.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Hi there. I did accomplished something after trying different approaches. what sendup working the best was to distort the drawing to fit the image using photoshop. I came upon a great tutorial from Deke where he shows a way to precisely distort an transfer a layer.

And here is the Result (click here). I If you check the Evolução da obra you will find a Split View as well.

I hope this will also help someone else!
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I am pretty sure you can do it with 3DVista drawing polygons on your 360 drone panorama making them clickable. However I am not sure you can add an overlay plan with your drawings to it in 3DVista. You just need to find someone who can add it properly to your 360 in image editing software. If I were you I would at least try Affinity Photo as it comes with a tool that will let you to work with a 360 properly.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
We often use 3DVista's polygon feature to define lots and other ground surface areas in aerial panos. One example is seen in HamptonTour.com when you select PARCELS in the Left Menu. Our client is promoting five large land parcels to potential developers so this particular pano outlines them when you mouse over each.

This doesn't address your question about adding a graphic rendering to the pano, but I do think it's possible with some careful distortion of your graphic, then melding it with the pano.

It's a cool idea to be able to take a graphic (especially a transparent .png) and then stretch it onto a pano using handles or guides. 3DVista allows you to "perspective stretch" certain graphics such as how we labeled the street names on the Hotels tab. But these can only be stretched by the four corners, there's no barrel distortion at this time.
Post 11 IP   flag post
103404 11 11