• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360 ToursBlogMatterportVideo TourVirtual Tour

Virtual Tours Vs Video Tours Vs 360 Tours – What’s The Difference?19518

AlexScene3D private msg quote post Address this user
With virtual tours, you’ve got three main choices: a 3D virtual tour, a 360 virtual tour or a video tour. They might look like they mean the same thing, however that’s not the case.

This article aims to give an in-depth look at virtual tours vs video tours vs 360 tours. We’re providing you with a guide highlighting the key differences, pros and cons of these innovative and interactive forms of marketing.

Click here to read the article
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
Having posted many videos and 3D tours on listings in the US, there is a huge difference.

3D tours are viewed 2000% more than video tours. And video tours are viewed 400% more than photos. On average.

Video tours typically last one to two minutes and then end.

A 3D virtual tour never ends, only when the user becomes tired of viewing it.

The perfect real estate listing will have a 3D tour, floor plans and professional photos.
Post 2 IP   flag post
AlexScene3D private msg quote post Address this user
@GETMYVR Interesting statistics!

If you have any independent studies or similar that show those numbers I'd love to take a look.

A common objection we hear from agents in the UK is they prefer video tours as they think they can make them in house with an iphone (inevitably most of them look terribe).

Would be great to point them to some independent data that shows what they're missing out on.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@AlexScene3D I look at a few things. Most of my competitors are doing videos. Those videos are linked from YouTube. It is very easy to deduce how many views it has by simply going to the YouTube channel. This number is a little contaminated because it assumes views are not only from the listings but they are also from random YouTube views from people not looking at real estate. Then I look at how many views my videos have gotten. Then what I do is I go into my matterport dashboard and I look at how many views the 3D tour has gotten for the same listing. The numbers are no comparison. The typical matterport gets 200 to 400 walkthroughs, the typical video about 50 views. Most importantly, 3D tours like Matterport don't end like videos do. They keep people glued to the listing as long as the buyer keeps the tour open.

And an important metric in real estate sales is there is a correlation between the number of people that walk through the property and how much it sells for. 3D tours significantly outperform video in every regard.

But here's the biggest takeaway. Videos are almost non-existent on real estate listings because the real estate portals don't prominently post them. With the exception to Zillow, realtor and redfin, these are the only sites which prominently display the 3D tour icon, and if you do have a video attached to the listing. Good luck having it show up anywhere on that listing.

3D tours, floor plans and photos always show up.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
@AlexScene3D I concur with what GETMYVR just posted. And I have the numbers to prove it!

I provide photos, Zillow 3D Home Tours, walk-through videos, and a single page website in my package (also includes drone pics and video clips, plus a floorplan). Every week while one of my properties is live, I record the traffic for each of the media. I send a text to the agent with an updated snip from the spreadsheet. It's a way to stay in contact with the agent, plus I love watching the traffic and the statistics to see how the property is getting attention.

Collecting the Viewing Statistics
Zillow views and Saves are easy to find on the Zillow page. The 3D Home Tour dashboard shows the current view numbers. Sometimes Redfin will display the page views if the property is getting a lot of views, then they go dark after a couple days with the numbers. The single page website (from Cribflyer) has a report that shows page views, plus the platform source of the view (desktop, mobile, tablet) and the cities where the visitor was located.

The video views are visible in the YouTube Studio analytics. Sometimes that number varies from the view count on the YouTube page for the video.

I have a calculation of the ratio of the video views to the Zillow page views as a comparative benchmark. It's usually in the 2-4% range. So the videos are not getting visibility, except on Redfin. That's why providing a single-page website is so crucial to showcasing ALL the property media. Redfin will add a video icon in their hero shot if the video is hosted on YouTube or Vimeo. Here is one bit of data I haven't been able to define yet: Redfin displays the videos in their own player along with the photos and 360 tour. When someone views the video from within the Redfin player, does that pull it from YouTube or Vimeo and increment the count? Or is the video residing on the Redfin platform and NOT affecting the YouTube/Vimeo counters? I phoned Redfin and the support person didn't have an answer. I haven't chased that down yet.

So, on to some data!

These are stats updated yesterday from a property for sale in San Jose. The house on Modred Dr. is a 4bd/2bth, 1,292 square foot tract home on 5,663 square foot lot, built in 1959, listed for $998,000. It has been completely redone - EVERYTHING from the studs in is new. In-person visits over the weekend reported by the realtor was 160 groups. The reason I am supplying all these details is because the traffic numbers for the media are amazing. You can see the burst of activity even on the first day it was listed.

Here are more stats on two high-traffic listings, currently for sale in San Jose. The Mountain Springs listing is a double-wide manufactured home, so it has a smaller potential market of buyers. The listing on Daffodil Way is a tract home with three bedrooms, 2 baths listed for $1.3M. The first weekend, over 100 groups came through Daffodil Way on both Saturday and Sunday.

Last data point here is a 2,500 square foot home in Gilroy (30 miles south of San Jose) that displays the kind of traffic numbers that are more normal.

Some take-aways:
- Check the ratios on the video views - all are lower than 5.1% of the Zillow page views, compared to the ratio of the 3D Home Tours at 40-71%
- The Zillow site gets 4 times as many visitors as Redfin (per SimilarWeb), but the traffic numbers for Redfin (when they are displayed!) are often greater than Zillow traffic. Maybe it's because people in my area prefer Redfin's interface?

Business Considerations:
- filming the walk-through video takes usually under 15 minutes. But the editing process takes over two hours (I'm getting faster using Capcut). The viewing stats for the videos are disappointing, partly from visibility on the real estate sites, but partly because I think visitors to the search sites are looking at potential homes that fit their criteria. I think the photos get viewed first because it's quick and easy to get an idea of the potential fit for the home. Next, the 3D tours get viewed because the viewer can move as fast or as slow as they want - they have control. If the visitor to the page is still interested, then they may sit still for 2 minutes and let the video roll. I have seen the average visit to Zillow is 8 minutes. I think that means people are generally "moving fast" and checking on-the-go for new properties as they come up. Taking time to watch a video only happens when the property looks like a potential fit (or people are curious and willing to take the time).
- the 360 tours really are a good investment of an agent's media dollars. The average viewing time I had recorded (back when Zillow showed that stat in the 3D Home Dashboard) was 45 seconds. That is a sizable chunk of additional time for a viewer to decide if the property is worth putting on their short list for an in-person visit.
- I think many agents make their media marketing decisions based upon what they like to see ("Oh, those 3D tours are too hard to navigate!" ) and not consider the hard data. Yes, some videos are engaging and fun to watch, I agree. The data seems to indicate that people aren't willing to spend the time to view them. I still think including a video in the media mix is worthwhile, if only for the agent to be able to tell a prospective seller "My promotional package includes ALL the digital media to showcase your listing".

Here is the link to the page on my website where I feature the single page websites for the three current live listings above. The examples on the page will change as the properties sell, but you can view the first three homes above there now.
Link to single page web sites for three of the above properties
Post 5 IP   flag post
103404 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?