• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AirbnbCopyrightHow toMaking MoneyTipsVRBO

Tip for generating more income: How I made $1,000 via Airbnd and VRBO19385

WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
I might be the last person to figure this out but just in case I'm not I thought I would post it. When photographing real estate I put a very faint copyright in the corner of my picture. It is so faint, most people would not see it. About three times a year I go through Airbnb listings in my area. I look for houses that I photographed for real estate and are now being rented. My area is huge for this type of investment.

I spent about a half hour last night searching listing and found five rental homes using my real estate photos. I then send a message to the owner stating that I'm flattered that they like our photos enough to use them for their rental listing but that they are copyright protected photos. I offer them the chance to buy the the photos or hire us photograph an updated set of photos(including tours, drones, etc).

Of course, I sometimes get the renters that will ignore me and in that case I give them 48 hours to remove the photos to avoid further action. I try to avoid this as much as possible because it burns bridges. I have only had to threaten action once to get my money. This is another good reason to register your photos with the copyright.

Last night I made about $1000 dollars just by scrolling through Airbnb and VRBO. One more thing, if they don't want to pay and choose to remove photos, make sure to tell the owner to remove photos from all rental formats not just the one you found them on.

I hope this helps someone.

This is the first notice I send them:

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to reach out to you regarding the use of images from Two Guys Photography in Douglas. It has come to our attention that the photos being used are copyrighted by our company. While we're pleased that you appreciate our work, it's important for us to protect our copyright.

We would like to offer you a few options to address this matter. You may choose to purchase a limited license to use the current photos, and we can provide you with new images without the realtor name on them. Alternatively, we are available for hire to photograph updated images, including drone images, virtual tours, and videos. Lastly, if you prefer, we kindly request that the photos be removed from all rental sites within 24 hours.

We value your prompt attention to this matter and appreciate your cooperation. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or require further assistance.

Thank you for your understanding, and we look forward to resolving this issue amicably.

In our area we are allowed to put the realtor name in the corner of images. This is a dead giveaway that they are using our photos.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@fotoguy

WOW! That's awesome!

Congrats on making a $1,000 by just scrolling through Airbnb and VRBO (for your copyrighted images).

And, thank you for sharing this tip with the WGAN community.

I could imagine many WGAN Forum members following your advice and making some (easy) money relicensing their photos.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
I would put terms and conditions on your site and on invoices put the link to it so disclosure is prominent but discreet. Many photographers release copyright so if you have it on your site and in order forms and invoices you protect yourself and not have a negative spot on your brand even though you are in the right. Also don't make it prominent in your email signature or in invoices........just a link to "terms & conditions"

Doing internet marketing for 30 years (started in 2/15/1994) that is my advice. Good luck
Post 3 IP   flag post
103404 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?