Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 211 Unique Visitors
9,210 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 23,293 Page Views | 12,682 Unique Visitors | 32 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCaptur3dMpembedMPskinOverlaysWordpress PluginWP3D Models

Matterport Overlays with intro screen customisation and image overlay19368

mcrksman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys,

I've been comparing matterport overlay services these past few days; there are so many but somehow they're all lacking in some way.

What I'm mainly looking for right now is a simple intro screen, where I can add an image and maybe some text, nothing too complicated. Essentially what WP3D's intro screen feature is like. As well as an image in the tour like Captur3d's logo feature. In my own limited experience using the free trials:

Mpembed - Not too bad overall, can have a logo on the intro screen but it's placed in such a way that it overlaps with the "powered by matterport" text which is ugly. Not sure if the splash screen feature could accomplish something similar to the WP3D intro screen. Also doesn't seem to have the ability to add a logo, but I might be able to repurpose the watermark feature for that. Perhaps someone with the premium pro plan can confirm this?

Treedis - Has the ability to add client logo to intro screen but I can't test it because its paywalled. Also rather buggy and slow

Captur3d - Not a lot of features currently, but I like the UI and of course the logo feature.

MPskin - Has a nice minimap, can have an image on load and a logo in the tour but the loading times are unacceptable sometimes.

WP3D has the ability to do both these things, but it is unfortunately tied to wordpress.

So i'm wondering - If WP3D can do it, why have none of the Overlay providers added it? I really wish WP3D was a standalone app, I find the Wordpress website builder too basic and unintuitive.

Non-WP users here, I'd love to hear how you get around this. I read that WGAN standard subscribers supposedly get free access to it but there's not a lot of info on how that works.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
If you can post some screen captures we can understand your request well, maybe we can help you out.
A picture is better than lines of words some time.
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
I would have recommeded MPSkin or MPEmbed. Sad to hear that MPskin has connectivity problems or seems to be too slow for your needs.

You can also try to work with the website, where you are embedding the tours. Or you can use the JS Editor functions in MEmbed and MPSkin to add some code for the starting sequence.

I‘m currently experimenting with some website builders (Shopify, Webflow, Carrd) and embedding tours in there and adding functionality from the embedding website.

But it is actually easier to do this with 3DVista tours as you are more flexible in the selfhosted solution.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Founder
Show & Tour
Leawood, Kansas
JoshMais private msg quote post Address this user
@mcrksman,

Show & Tour has a simple solution for this! It works with any embedded content. See a couple Matterport examples below:

https://show.tours/johnamarshall

https://projects.joshmais.com/3904homesteadct/player
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeshImages
I would have recommeded MPSkin or MPEmbed. Sad to hear that MPskin has connectivity problems or seems to be too slow for your needs.

You can also try to work with the website, where you are embedding the tours. Or you can use the JS Editor functions in MEmbed and MPSkin to add some code for the starting sequence.

I‘m currently experimenting with some website builders (Shopify, Webflow, Carrd) and embedding tours in there and adding functionality from the embedding website.

But it is actually easier to do this with 3DVista tours as you are more flexible in the selfhosted solution.

I thought that overlay logos and images were being embedded in the tour somehow, but I just realised these providers are essentially just hosting the tours on their own webpage as individual pages, adding these things on top of the tour with html/css, and then providing the user with an embed of the whole page

I just did a test page on my site (built in Webflow) and it seems to work well, I can overlay whatever I want and have so much more control over styling. Only problem is webflow is limited to 150 pages even on the highest plan, which might fill up pretty fast.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMais
@mcrksman,

Show & Tour has a simple solution for this! It works with any embedded content. See a couple Matterport examples below:

https://show.tours/johnamarshall

https://projects.joshmais.com/3904homesteadct/player

Not exactly what i'm looking for right now, but I like the idea of payment integration. Especially if its gonna support localised payment methods from countries outside the US and Europe
Post 6 IP   flag post
CAPTUR3D
Team
Melbourne, Australia
AlexHitchcock private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @mcrksman we are about to release a feature in the next 2-3 weeks that will be able to acheve what you need (and more!) I'd be happy to jump on a quick call with you to show you the steps and answer any questions you may have. Please send me a pm and we can set something up. Cheers, Alex
Post 7 IP   flag post
103799 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?