• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D RenderingsBusiness DevelopmentCGIMarketingVirtual Reality

The Matterport Revolution of Virtual Tours with 3D Renderings (CGI Tour)19343

JPMoris private msg quote post Address this user
Introduction

The Matterport revolution of virtual tours with 3D renderings promises to transform the real estate industry. Imagine being able to create a stunning 3D virtual tour of a property that is yet to be built, using only a 2D architectural plan and computer-generated imagery (CGI). This revolutionary solution holds immense potential for developers, builders, real estate promoters, and architects alike. In this article, we will explore the game-changing advantages that this new approach brings to the table, redefining the possibilities of 3D virtual tours and elevating the immersive experience to new heights.

Unparalleled Immersion and Realism

Matterport’s 3D virtual tours have already set the standard for immersive experiences, but the ability to generate virtual tours from 2D plans and CGI takes it to a whole new level. These tours provide an unrivaled sense of realism, allowing potential buyers and investors to explore a property that exists only on paper or in digital renderings. The lifelike CGI visuals, coupled with Matterport’s advanced technology, create an experience that is as close to being physically present as possible. Users can navigate through every room, get a feel for the proportions, and understand how different spaces relate to one another. The tours also feature Matterport’s signature dollhouse view, which provides a comprehensive understanding of the property’s layout and spatial relationships.

Seamless Transitions and Fluid Navigation

One of the key advantages of Matterport’s new solution is its seamless transitions and fluid navigation. Unlike traditional virtual tours that rely on a few panoramic CGI images and static arrow-based navigation, Matterport’s approach offers a rich tapestry of 30 to 40 panoramic scans or CGI images. This abundance of visual data ensures that users can explore every nook and cranny of the property without limitations. The transitions between each scan or CGI image are incredibly smooth, eliminating any disruptive loading times or jarring shifts. This fluidity enhances the overall user experience, making the virtual tour feel like a natural and intuitive journey through the future property.

Enhanced Measurement Capabilities

Matterport’s new solution also empowers users with enhanced measurement capabilities. With the ability to generate virtual tours from a 2D plan, potential buyers and investors can accurately measure dimensions, assess spatial relationships, and visualize the property’s potential. Whether it’s determining if furniture will fit, analyzing the flow of natural light, or estimating renovation possibilities, the measurement features within Matterport’s virtual tours provide valuable insights to aid decision-making.

Expanded Customization Options

Matterport has always been at the forefront of customization options, and this new solution continues to deliver. Developers, builders, and architects can now tailor the virtual tours to their specific needs and branding. From incorporating branding elements, such as logos and color schemes, to integrating additional information, images, and videos, the possibilities for customization are virtually limitless. This level of personalization allows real estate professionals to showcase their vision and engage potential buyers in a highly immersive and tailored experience.

Increased Efficiency and Cost Savings

Creating virtual tours from 2D plans and CGI brings significant efficiency gains and cost savings for real estate developers and builders. The traditional process of scanning an existing property using laser scanners is time-consuming and requires physical access to the location. With Matterport’s new solution, virtual tours can be generated at any stage of the project, even before construction begins. This eliminates the need for physical access, reduces the time and resources required, and enables developers to start marketing properties earlier in the development cycle. Additionally, the virtual tours can be easily updated and modified as the project progresses, ensuring that marketing materials are always up to date.

Conclusion

The introduction of Matterport’s ability to create immersive 3D virtual tours from 2D plans and CGI marks a paradigm shift in the real estate industry. Developers, builders, real estate promoters, and architects now have a powerful tool at their disposal to showcase properties that are yet to be built. These virtual tours provide an unmatched level of immersion, fluid navigation, measurement capabilities, and customization options. They empower potential buyers and investors to visualize and experience future properties in a way that was previously unimaginable. With this revolutionary solution, Matterport continues to redefine the boundaries of what is possible in the realm of 3D virtual tours, solidifying its position as the industry leader and paving the way for a new era of immersive property experiences.

Example CGI Tour
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@JPMoris Since you have the resourse to render CGI tour, why use Matterport to process them again?
You can make a virtual tours with krpano or other panorama tools. So that you don't need to hide your 3D dollhouse which generated by Matterport from your CGI renders. It is not good enough to be shown compare to the optimized 3D mesh directly from your CGI resourse.
With krpano you can show all panoramas and 3D mesh directly from your CGI resourse, no more process required.

Why Matterport was required? Because Matterport's key value is it can process the data from Pro2/Pro3 or other cameras to genreate the 3D mesh of dollhouse for the real world, and calculate the position and direction information of each panorama location.
But in a CGI tour all information (accurate value of camera location , direction and 3D mesh) is already known, the calculation by Matterport was not required.
Post 2 IP   flag post
SCAN TO CAD FILE SERVICE Baezeni private msg quote post Address this user
Yes here one example where we have used krpano and three.js for producing plain 360 CGI walktrough projects to clients on all continents for many years now.

Easy and flexible and based on many years well know technology, affordable price and a normal HI: 360 CGI US walktrough Villa

Post 3 IP   flag post
JPMoris private msg quote post Address this user
@JuMP It's simple! I love Matterport's unmatched smooth and fast navigation. All other virtual tour solutions lack the fluidity in movements and total immersion that Matterport provides.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@JPMoris Krpano can do the smooth and fast navigation too, almost same to Matterport.
Post 5 IP   flag post
selder76 private msg quote post Address this user
Excuse my ignorance, but how did you do this via Matterport? I'm not seeing the options anywhere?
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I am with @JuMP and have actually asked a few times on MOUG anyone who offers CGI why they put it under Matterport. None replied. There may be on explanation to it as there is no 3D model, it is all done with apps similar to HomeStyler. These apps only let you design a space and stage it with furniture, then you can render photos including 360 but you cannot get an actual 3D model.

It does not make much sense to spend a lot of time on modelling a real 3D model, then on rendering 360s just to import it all into matterport so it creates(again) a 3D model of something you already have in much greater details with full freedom of moving around.

This is one way you can do it without using Matterport. It is done with an app called Verge3D. There is a similar app(I do not remember its name) that is actually almost identical. It seems that original company owners disagreed on something at the beginning and split in two business entities to develop identical apps.

Check "Made with Verge3D" section on the Verge3D website. They have examples with NASA using it for their rover and some real estate examples.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by selder76
Excuse my ignorance, but how did you do this via Matterport? I'm not seeing the options anywhere?

It is done using "Import 360s" feature of the Matterport Capture app. If you have a 3D model of a space, you can render 360 photos from any spot in it and then feed them to matterport using this feature to create a Matterport tour from them.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Right but what steps are you taking to use a floorplan to build the 360s? Maybe I'm reading this wrong. It comes off as "I have a floorplan and I can build a matterport from it using CGI". Am I reading it right?
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
If you are talking about CGI to Matterport only then search for HomeStyler. This is a paid app but you can try it for free. You can use a floorplan to build a space in the app and then stage it with their virtual furniture. Then you render 360 photos from chosen by you spots and import them in the capture app to build a matterport tour from them. Just keep in mind it is similar to scanning a space where you cannot jump rooms without scanning into them. It means that next 360 you import should have common object or edges between it and another 360 that you imported before. And for the same reason it is better to import 360 one by one so they are processed by Matterport Cortex in correct order.

Actually there is a whole topic on this matter. See the link below

How to build a full CGI Matterport tour?
Post 10 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@JuMP I agree with the KRpano route, but I found it is not as easy to create as I would like. I agree that if your looking for a good product it requires work, but I found that it is not as easy and straight forward as Matterport. I tested it a few years ago has it changed?

But unless I missed an upgrade Matterport requires the initial scan to be an actual scan. So I am not sure how you are getting a model into MP from plans. The import feature does not appear until after the first scan. So have I missed something? I been looking at this feature and trying to figure out a best use scenario. The two issues I have found with Matterport is not understanding why they don't incorporate the highest resolution photos/panos in the models or am I wrong? If they incorporate the best but you cannot extract the highest quality pano, I am not sure. The second issue is the Pro2 specs show that the photos/panos are a higher resolution than the Pro3.

But lastly I have had a hard time finding a contractor that will create CGI photo quality models.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Overall turning a floorplan into a Matterport just seems rather half-baked at this point. Seems like the potential is there for Matterport (or another software engineer) to develop something amazing here but until it gets to a less-than-$500 investment for a reseller, it really can’t reach mass market.
Post 12 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@selder76 for the average user like myself I have to agree. No easy resolution to create photo realistic panoramic photos then have the ability to import into a program that creates the tour. Similar to MP.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Honestly I don't even think its good for the advanced user, meaning someone who wants to actually make money at this job . Someday.
Post 14 IP   flag post
103404 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?