• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Bubble LevelPro3Question of the DayQuestions

Question of the Day>Which bubble level do you use with the Matterport Pro3?19312

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

WGAN Question of the Day (All)

Question of the Day>: Which bubble level do you use with the Matterport Pro3 Camera?

Hi All,

Here is the WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Friday, December 8, 2023:

Question of the Day>: Which bubble level do you use with the Matterport Pro3 Camera?

Happy holidays,

Dan

P.S. This WGAN Question of the Day was inspired by this WGAN Forum post by @hayyu360 in this WGAN Forum discussion: Video: My Matterport Pro3 Camera is noisy! What should I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @hayyu360
Balancing the Pro3 becomes challenging, especially when adjusting tripod legs for specific heights. Could you recommend a level bubble product that you use for this purpose?

---

Matterport Pro3 Camera | Matterport Pro3 Camera Acceleration Kit
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
The one on the Matterport tripod
Post 2 IP   flag post
EMILIANO private msg quote post Address this user
The one on the Matterport tripod
Post 3 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
I assume @HarlanHambright and EMILIANO that you then shorten a leg or two to level the camera?

My preference was to get a bracket created to hold a large spirit level.

This is then married with a tri-leveller and a riser to facilitate levelling the camera in a matter of seconds.

Legs only get shortened for staircases and steep inclines.

Oliver

Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Gladsmuir

Which tri-leveller and a riser do you use (and with which tripod)?

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Hi @DanSmigrod

The Manfrotto 190 tripod
Fanotec tri leveller
The level bracket and riser elements are a bit tricky as the former was manufactured using 3D printing for me and the riser is a couple of components.
I'll investigate and revert.
Oliver
Post 6 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
My technical question to all of you is do you level every scan? With normal scanners since we are talking point clouds that have 3d data I can assign the anchor point and all scans will attach to that one point cloud. I know with Matterport the first scan is crucial to start the model so I am very diligent to make sure the cameras long axis is as close to as parallel to the wall and the camera is a level as possible or parallel to the ground plane as possible. If you look in the capture app you can edit all scans except scan "1". So if scan "1" is the anchor point does any other scans have to have the camera level. I think the best practice is having it close but I do not spend the time to level each scan unless I am on an extreme slope, but I think Matterport software would bring it in on the final model. Just my thoughts and maybe a test project is needed to see?
Post 7 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
I glance at each scan to verify the bubble is somewhere in the circle, not necessarily centered in it. To address an earlier question, I merely move the legs around a little to ballpark level the camera and not mess with extending/shortening legs like one does for stairways. Takes no time at all to speak of. I did do a rough rest once. My 250 was pretty off level and I kept the scan to check. The processed scan was indeed caddywampus (which I of course disabled in editing).
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladsmuir
Legs only get shortened for staircases and steep inclines.

You only need to shorten them for extreme situations, I just push one or two legs inward with my foot. Takes literally a second and no leveler can beat it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
EMILIANO private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone,

I level each scan, and it's done in 1/2/3 seconds. With the Matterport tripod it's very simple.

E.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Wingman&@Emiliano
If you use a dolly how do you manage?
Post 11 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Gladsmuir level once and done, I only dismount for stairs. But in most cases when using the dolly try and do stairs first so that once shot the dolly is mounted and not removed until I am done.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Ron0987 smart work flow
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladsmuir
@Wingman&@Emiliano
If you use a dolly how do you manage?

I barely use a dolly and consider it useful only for big spaces where I can move it between furniture. Usually it will be a leveled floor anyway and I will level the whole system when I place it on a dolly.
Post 14 IP   flag post
103404 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?