• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360Capture AppPro3Scanning

Massive one, matterport pro3 capturing campus in hong kong (1800scans)19270

neonma private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

Took me about one week. Still not perfect.
Feel free to suggest enhancement.

Thanks for viewing
Post 1 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@neonma please check your link, I am not getting the model to view.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@ron0987 just updated clickable text
Post 3 IP   flag post
@neonma I was able to view part of it, nice model and definitely a big project, good job.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@neonma It is a huge and nice showcase, and here is the showcase report for it.
Total 364,052 sqft with 1658 points.
http://www.iit3d.com/assets/5NeRKkk4SAE.pdf

It is better to have a full 3D model of the outside of the building to cover the dollhouse when you show the whole building and change to inside 3D model when one floor was selected.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuMP
http://iit3d.com/asssets/5NeRKkk4SAE.pdf

Thanks for your reply, seems the link for the pdf is not workable.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuMP
http://www.iit3d.com/assets/5NeRKkk4SAE.pdf

It is better to have a full 3D model of the outside of the building to cover the dollhouse when you show the whole building and change to inside 3D model when one floor was selected.

that's a nice document, what are those red dots refer to? my deleted scan?
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
Means some points that not shown in VR mode or hide.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic Member
Boston
Noddy private msg quote post Address this user
@ Neonma, congratulations on such a large model, and I see from another of your posts that it was done with an iPhone 14, impressive!
I wanted to ask, since there must have been such a lot of stairs to scan between floors, -how many scans would you typically use to scan flight of stairs between floors? I'm guessing you hid the interim scans going up stairs in your large model after processing?

For myself, I typically do a scan about every 3 -4 steps on a stairs, but wondering if that is overkill when using my new Pro3? ( I'm trying to reduce my total scan count for these larger buildings).

Also wondering out loud to the forum about Pro3:

1) when scanning indoors with Pro3 in corridors approaching a doorway, how far away from a door would I have to be in order for there not to be a problem with door closed, then opened as I approach? I use 15 ft as a rule for Pro2, but the Pro3 has a much longer throw, and I don't want to get caught out with not being able to pass through a doorway in the final model.

2) For doing shop aisles and library rack aisles, where the rack height is above head / camera height, -should I stick to Pro3 now, as the longer throw of the lidar might more easily pick up each end of the aisles and avoid alignment issues that I get with Pro2 (where racks are too uniform)? What do you all think?
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Noddy Thanks for your feedback.

Sanning stairs is tricky, I think you are doing the right thing scanning about 4 steps on stairs with pro2. Although my experience scanning stairs with pro3 is different, in which, I skipped the middle of the stairs ( for example), it looks fine with viewers try to view downstairs, but if viewers look from lower stairs to upper stairs like this this , viewer might not know there is a scan on the upper deck. So, I think it is still necessary to scan in the mid-way of the stairways although you are using pro-3, it's not an overkill, but a better viewer experience.

1) regarding to the corridors and doors scanning, I have all the doors opened, so that i can align with the image inside the room.

Please take a look at these 2 scans:
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=5NeRKkk4SAE&cloudEdit=1&sr=-2.15,.67&ss=1460
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=5NeRKkk4SAE&cloudEdit=1&sr=-1.85,.8&ss=1461
I have also tried to scan 1.5m in front of the door closed, and then scan right in front (5 - 10cm) of the door opened. However, in this case, my scan vanished that prevent me from entering the room. I have filed a ticket to get this solved and is still waiting for answer.

2) I agree that "uniform rack" easily got alignment issue, to solve this, I use closer scan and try to hide the "extra scan" in the final view. I would love to view your work and share thoughts.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic Member
Boston
@neonma, Thanks for your detailed answer, glad to know that you were able to scan stairs with a pro3 with just one middle-stairs scan.

Most of my large building scans are for organizations that would not allow me to show them publicly, but happy to discuss any issues that come up during large building scanning.

When it comes to repetitive rows of racks or generic multi-floor stairwells, I've had little to no success with April tags that Matterport suggest, but often have had to place objects (cones, chairs, plant pots etc) to force alignment. That was with Pro2, I'm still figuring out how best to handle these areas with a Pro3 honestly.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Noddy Stairwell works fine with Pro3, I don't need any Apriltags for the scan and it went well
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Noddy @JuMP @ron0987
Hi pals, do you know if I uploaded the space with "auto facial blur" functions, and realized that some "face" do not want to blurred, what should I do?

For example, the statues face does not suppose to be blurred , and I would like to partially remove the blue.
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=5NeRKkk4SAE&cloudEdit=1&sr=-3,.04&ss=1460

I have asked the matterport support but didn't get any working feedback. Do you get similar experience?

Another problem is... the model is large, and whenever I tried to re-upload the space, the app crashed.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Once blur is applied the entire model has to be reprocessed. Yes I have had items blurred when I did not want it on posters or paintings.

In some cases you need to leave the blur tool off and manually do it, which is tuff on big jobs.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@ron0987 oh boy~ it will take me another day to re-upload the entire model. I highly recommend others NOT TO use this terrible feature in large model.
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
@neonma Any points that you uploaded once was uploaded forever and don't require to be reupload again.
Matterport system will bypass those points when you reupload. But some time the reuploaded huge showcase won't be processed, it will show "in processing" forever. You can reupload a new one when this case happened.
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic Member
Boston
Use caution with face blur tool.. I've done a few art museums and I can never use face blur in those scans otherwise sculpture and painting faces may be blurred also.

Hopefully as AI improves we'll someday be able to comb through scans and decide exactly which faces to blur or not blur.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@JuMP
Hello JuMP
, from this file, http://www.iit3d.com/assets/5NeRKkk4SAE.pdf, I observed that there are obvious number of RED dots at location (400 ft, 100ft), but i am pretty sure i didn't click any "hide scan", is there something else ?
Post 18 IP   flag post
103404 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?