• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
TestimonialsThanksgiving

Eight years of Thanks19263

WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
As this is a holiday today in the U.S. when we pause to give thanks for friends in our lives, I’d like to share this spirit.

As I’m writing on the WGAN Forum, let me first call out Dan Smigrod for creating this family of tip-sharers and problem-solvers and, of course, for Dan’s relentlessly posting of videos that introduce us to new apps, equipment and experts. Dan has made this community better for his efforts, and I’ve certainly learned a lot here.

Next, in no particular order, let me also thank:

• Glenn Tremain for getting my first website running and nursing my SEO until I made it to Google’s “page one” for the search Matterport Los Angeles, where I’ve remained for years without missing a week. Even the Matterport company has to BUY sponsored ads to rank above Home3D.us. When I talk with Glenn, I always learn.

• Nick Powell in the UK for his excellent training videos on both 3DVista and how to create high resolution 360° panoramas. Nick has broadened my horizons and launched my team into new arenas of virtual touring. And he’s such a sweet guy on top of that.

• Jose Ruiz and his entire team at 3DVista which has transformed our work here at Home3D.us. His team is constantly innovating, adding capabilities, empowering us to create remarkable tours. Take our latest - SantaRosaTour.com
We shot/edited the tour, but it’s really Jose and his team who deserve the credit for creating the tools. 3DVista is amazing. I write in with feeble suggestions like “What about Gaussian Splatting?” and he writes back “already working on it.”

• A fond call-out to the team that created Geo-CV years ago. Through Dan, GeoCV had loaned me a test camera, I ended up buying it, made many remarkable tours, then Matterport’s lawsuit killed it off. But it was so much fun while it lasted!

• Roger and Kay Owens at RKO Photography in Alabama. We’ve never met in person, but we talk regularly. I always know, when I’m stymied by anything Matterport or Leica or scanning, Roger will know what to do. Plus it’s so damn much fun taking with them. Is it just that down-home southern accent, or are Roger and Kay really just the nicest folks?

• Ross Zanzucchi (Chicago) and Marcia Duff (Orange County, CA) and Boris Maganic (Vancouver, BC) for their friendship and camaraderie as virtual tour creators. We trade ideas, brainstorm and dream together.

• Ben Claremont for his always entertaining and information-packed videos on 360 cameras, software, tips and training videos. Those videos are so right-to-the-point and I love his voice, sort of a cross between “favorite high school teacher” and a Looney Tunes character. He’s just plain fun to listen to.

• Matterport add-on innovators such as OpenHaus, Captur3D and others that provide the innovations that Matterport can’t seem to be bothered with.

There are many more, but these are some of the people I’m most indebted to for this, my third career after high school teacher, then film director. It’s been a lot of fun, and the WGAN forum has been a great club to be in.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
@Home3D Thank you Kevin and congratulations on coming as far as you have and being on a path that is inspirational to see you and your team take on.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
I knew I’d miss a few. Also thankful for Jonathan Klein who I met while shooting GeoCV. He later introduced me to the Theta Z1, still a personal workhorse camera. Also thankful for Colin Forte’s team at PhotoAndVideoEdits (long name, I simply call it PAVE) for the fine work and great conversations. Dan, you’ve opened so many doors.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Home3D

Thank you for your super-kind thank you posts.

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Home3D

Nick Powell asked me to post:

Bless Kevin, he's a great guy!

Happy Holidays,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Home3D

3DVista CEO Jose Ruiz asked me to post the following:

---

Thank you so much, Kevin!

Your exceptional work is what inspires us to continually explore new frontiers such as Gaussian Splatting.

It motivates us to provide you with the finest tools to support your ongoing success.

Keep up the great work!

---

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
103404 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?