• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport 2019 New PricingPricingUnlimited

If you Have a Classic Unlimited Plan, MP is Coming for you.19191

Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
After having a no-cost, unlimited plan for a number of years (no conditions were ever attached), I am now being told I need to take those spaces and migrate them to a new paid plan. This all seems like a 'bait & switch' scenario where an MP provider is given a cost-free unlimited account to (obviously) upload models, then some time later be notified with a demand that those models must now be paid for by a new paid subscription. Ethical? Enforceable? Void?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@Shakoure What do you mean by no-cost unlimited plan?

I've got a classic plan and pay $1649/year for it in addition to all the costs for hosting additional models over the base 300 spaces and I pay a per model processing fee as well. Definitely not no-cost.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Queen_City_3D ...Unlimited plans were provided to select providers. I've been with MP since 2016 and contributed to some of their early projects in NYC. That's why I stated 'IF' you have an Classic Unlimited. I also have a limited classic plan which I do pay for that is designated under a grandfathered plan. But I'm doubtful that that will last either.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I believe these plans were given to select "Actual" MSP's and some folks that were also participating in beta testing cameras and some services.

I was a Beta tester. Luckily I only used this particular account for testing and some side by side comparisons

It is amazing how far image quality has come since 2016. This model was from May of 2016 (scanning technique has improve a bit as well)

Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I transferred a half dozen or so, tours that I wanted to keep out of the "Trail" account this morning
Post 5 IP   flag post
@lilnitsch ...Same here. However, from a consumer protection standpoint (both state and federal) what they're doing might technically be unenforceable since they've never provided me with any form of agreement, TOS, or notification indicating that the "unlimited" account was actually "limited." Also, they're trying to push Classic plan holders onto their newer, more expensive plans. No regard for the early adopters and contributors to their platform.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I signed a NDA for my trail account back in the day ~ and they are not stopping you from transferring any models out of the "Trail" account nor stopping anyone from converting the account into a paid account therefore not really hindering the use of the tours other than asking for payment on hosted tours moving forward.

I knew this going in and that is why I didn't ever real store or host and tours that I wasn't ok with loosing at some point in time
Post 7 IP   flag post
@lilnitsch ...Well of course they are stopping you - by forcing you to pay a subscription for one of their new plans. I'm sure they could make an exception and allow me to transfer models from the unlimited account to my classic. But they won't do that since there's no money for them there. But thanks for your comment.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Shakoure

I literally was able to transfer models from my "Trail" account into my classic plan this morning. A simple matter of hitting transfer space add the email address of any of your matterport accounts and hit transfer. You will receive a transfer email click on the link and it will ask which account you want to transfer it into. I Manage a few accounts so, being able to select an account may be a difference on my end.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakoure
Also, they're trying to push Classic plan holders onto their newer, more expensive plans. No regard for the early adopters and contributors to their platform.

Despite seeing others complaining about the same I have never seen anything like this myself. I was in situations when my bank locked my credit card and did not let any payment to process and that included paying Matterport subscriptions for two accounts. And with one account being from old plans Matterport just asked me to update my payment method for both. I did it and there was no single problem. I still have and use both.

I think those who are complaining that Matterport is trying to shut down classic plan subscription may not paid for their subscription for some time, missed or ignored Matterport emails and this was a reason.
Post 10 IP   flag post
103404 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?