• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MTTR

Matterport Stock (MTTR) Closed at new low: $2.00 from $27.8619151

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Illustration by DALL-E (V3) | Prompt: Illustration of a dramatic roller coaster track against a backdrop of a cloudy sky. At its peak, there's a sign displaying 'MTTR $2.00'. The roller coaster car is captured at the bottom of a sharp plunge, adjacent to another sign reading 'MTTR $2.00'. The passengers in the coaster, including a Caucasian woman, an Asian teenager, and an African-American man, all have their arms raised high in excitement but with evident fear on their faces.

Source: Yahoo Finance | Market Close - 4 pm ET Friday, 20 October 2023

Matterport Stock (MTTR) Closes at new low: $2.00 from $27.86

Hi All,

How low can Matterport stock go?!

Today (Friday, 20 October 2023), Matterport (MTTR) closed at a new low: $2.00 (after going as low as $1.98). That's down from a historic high of $27.86 on 19 November 2021: a 92.8 percent decrease. (Matterport went public at $10 per share on 5 February 2021.)

The market cap of Matterport stock is $602,470,000. Matterport had $446,000,000 in cash on its balance sheet, as reported on the Matterport 2Q23 Earnings Call.

I wonder if Matterport will be acquired by a larger player in the space like Hexagon. They could financial nearly the entire purchase with cash on the Matterport balance sheet.

I previously wrote about this on 21 February 2023 when Matterport traded at $6.83 and $562 million cash on its balance sheet.

=>Will Matterport be Acquired by Hexagon?

I bought 100+ shares at around $24. So, I am feeling some pain.

How about you?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Why am I not surprised... we have 100+ at $19.00
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Premium
Lahaina, Hawaii
Skeeter private msg quote post Address this user
Well that's where they wanted to go from the beginning. They took the company the wrong direction when they got their new CEO years ago. Never listed to the original beta testers from days gone by. Also raising the pricing wasn't doing them any favors. Maybe it will lead to a much needed change!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Taoiseach_7 private msg quote post Address this user
Well, now's the time to buy
Post 4 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@DouglasMeyers not good sorry to see the loss. @Skeeter I personally think their mind set was never on the user, and I though the same thing user will be what is needed. After going to the Geo Week conference in February it was very clear I think the business model was to build a data base of models. Especially after the new release where I saw Google map where a Matterport tour was embedded in the 3D Google Earth Map. Since they own ever model we create. @Taoiseach_7 and you are right time is now to buy and hope for the buyout or some other take over that rescues the company.

Just my opinion.
Post 5 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
On another note if Matterport crashes what is @DanSmigrod going to do?

This is where I get all my help.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Shawn_P private msg quote post Address this user
I’m gonna be really pissed if they do a price drop on their Pro 3 camera. Especially since I just bought one
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Meidansha private msg quote post Address this user
Well Matterport isn't turning a profit yet so I guess MTTR will keep going down until it gets an MBO.

CEOs who can't turn a profit in three years don't usually continue to be CEOs for long.

I guess soon we will see a complete change in direction company business model. Hopefully a return to the old classic style plans with downloads available and clear ownership and copyright stipulation in the terms of use agreement and a complete scrapping of the cloud subscripton agreement.

Just imagine how much lower Matterport's costs would be if they abandoned Capture Services and replaced it with a training program for big business personell. Even better abandon the cloud and make it download orientated like 3D Vista. Then their Server costs would be practically reduced to 0/

Just my thoughts.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure that any single one of these Matterport (MP) provisions for users makes a difference. It's quite likely, however, that their investors are simply not seeing the value of MP (which had nice expectations early on, but) in face of recent, external, and rapidly changing landscape of: the real estate market, supply chains, and of course new technologies (AI and it's boom of new startups), many investors are realizing MP is no unicorn, not even close; and there are too many shiny new rockets being launched by better run companies with R&D in spatial 3D (Zillow, Nvidia, Hexagon, Google, Tesla, Adobe, and even Apple). Also, it doesn't help when there are reports of MP inflating their earnings. BTW... their price opened today at $1.90.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Illustration for WGAN Forum by DALL-E (V3) | Prompt: Illustration of a roller coaster set against a gloomy sky in an amusement park. At its pinnacle, a sign proclaims 'MTTR $1.88'. The roller coaster car, after its dramatic fall, is shown adjacent to another identical sign of 'MTTR $1.88'. The riders, an Asian woman, an African-American man, and a Caucasian teenager, are in the midst of the thrill, hands raised high, with faces filled with shock and mouths open wide.

Matterport Inc. (MTTR) courtesy of Yahoo Finance | 6 pm ET Monday, 23 October 2023

Hi All,

Matterport (MTTR) closed at $1.88 ... down from $2.00 on Friday (20 October 2023). The market cap of Matterport stock is $566,320,000 (versus Friday's $602,470,000).

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
103404 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?