• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BlurBlur ToolBlurrediPhone 13 Pro MaxProblemsQuestions

My client has raised concerns over the ceilings being blurry: Solution?19145

Taoiseach_7 private msg quote post Address this user
Good afternoon all,

I use the Matterport Scan app and iPhone 13 Pro Max to scan properties. My client has raised concerns over the ceilings being blurry. There are some light fixtures that they wanted highlighted. Any tips on how to correct or adjust for this?

I've attached photos that they sent to me this afternoon.

Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
I have the same issue and have just gone back to my original camera. It's the angle of the phone but it won't let you make it right without it being off the circle.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
tell your client to stand up and hold their head straight and then without bending their neck see how much of the ceiling or floor of the room they are standing in they can see by trying to look directly up or down. There's always going to be a zenith and nadir point that the camera won't capture. It will probably be less with a 360 camera then with a matterport camera, but then you don't have as much data capture with the 360 cameras...

If they go to another scan point they'll be able to see the light fixtures they want to see, so just make sure you have enough scan points so that from at least one of them they can see what they want to see.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
For what it's worth, I believe it is possible to use an Android app to edit your photos and it might be possible to edit top and bottom there, but I'm not sure and it would be a heck of a lot of work.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Fathom3D private msg quote post Address this user
Since you're scanning with iPhone, do a "complete scan" rather than a "simple scan". It will take twice as long, since you have to rotate twice per position. But you'll capture a good bit of the ceiling.

If you want to scan faster, use a Ricoh Z1 or a Matterport camera.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Shawn_P private msg quote post Address this user
@Fathom3D So, I figured I’d just go ahead and upgrade to the Pro 3. Figured I would have to eventually right?

I bought the camera without doing my due diligence. The camera is fantastic! Captures great detail and is very quick. Not having researched fully, I discovered that my client will have to upgrade or open a Professional subscription because Pro 3 digital twins can only be uploaded to a professional subscription plan.

Even if I were to upgrade my subscription, I couldn’t transfer to their existing business subscription
Post 6 IP   flag post
Shawn_P private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D my thoughts exactly. However not sure how that would be received lol!
Post 7 IP   flag post
103404 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?