• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MatterTagsPricingQuestions

How to price hundreds of MatterTags in a Matterport art institution tour?19126

Standard
Portage, MI
Senojev private msg quote post Address this user
I am courting a new client, a large art institution, and want to offer tours of their exhibitions. This will likely involve a scan at each piece of 2D art work and multiple scans for 3D art. I expect that they would like a large number of tags, probably one for each piece of art. This could run into up to a hundred tags for a large exhibit with them providing the text, web links, movies, etc. It is likely that the actual scanning would be the lesser part of the job.

Has anyone got any recommendations on how to develop a price structure for this type of job? Would a price per scan and an hourly rate for the tags be best? The typical coat per sq. ft. obviously will not work.
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Here are two I have done...
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=1xoRxtd5xNc

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=Vb3DGiFEV1X

How I got out of doing all the back-end work was to let their people do it, they have more time, it's easy enough to do and they know what they want.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I have done one exhibition for a local but regional(120km from me) council recently. I haven't got exactly who told them this but there is apparently some government body or their exhibitions patrons demand that all of council gallery exhibition are made online. Since it is all run by a cultural officer who used matterport before she has googled and found me. Now I am their official supplier for Matterport 3D tours service.
Technically I take care that items in their tours can be explored from four sides if they inside a display in the middle of a room or viewed at the same level if they are hung on the wall. It shows all items in great details in a 3D tour but a description for each item is hung under clear acrylic which reflects light and make it hard to read. So the council is going to add descriptions with tags. Considering how many of tags they may need to create and this is just one exhibition and they will be more in the future I simply have given them access to my account as a collaborator and they are doing tags themselves.

I know I am loosing some income from not doing it myself but I cannot charge for creating tags as much as for scanning so it is my choice to let my customers to do their own tags. Plus it gives them better pricing over a completed tour as most of them have someone who is paid less than me and it makes more sense to them to get their own guys involved in it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
SIMLAB
Branding and Marketing
Director
Gliwice, Poland
Jedrzej private msg quote post Address this user
We did a case study for our SIM-ON platform in an art gallery. This solution, based on the Matterport space, allows an extended version of descriptions to be added to each artwork. You can also import previously made Mattertags, which are converted into an asset repository format. The customer creates their own account in the SIM-ON application and can complete the tags themselves. Perhaps this tool will be helpful for your project? If you would like to find out more, please email our Product Owner: michal.szopa@simlab.pl.

Here is a link to a gallery demo project: https://bit.ly/3pqWFj5
and a video showing the Mattertag import:
Post 4 IP   flag post
103404 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?