• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business DevelopmentExpediaGoogle MapsHotelsHotels.comTravelocityVersus

Hotel 3d or virtual tour?19122

ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I have attempted to research the possibility of doing tours for hotels. I know they can embed them in their own websites, but I do not see any room or hotel venue tours on Expedia, Hotels.com or Travelocity. Does anyone have any ideas?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
We're not there yet, but Matterport to Google business profiles is the current strategy to get 360s out on a mass scale via Google Maps... Better selling point for the hotels because they don't have to deal with what companies not using 360 technology or not. Google maps is one of the top destinations. I'm thinking about it too.
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@GETMYVR good point. This topic generated totally accidental. I was doing contract job out of town and my wife wanted to ride along for fun. So instead of getting budget room I was attempting to do a little research balance price amenities and location. It was a smaller town and did not immediately find one location better than others using the three main search engines. I kept going back to the location we stayed in. We were lucky and got an outstanding room/suite. If I could have seen a 3d virtual tour I would have immediately book this room for the price. Hotel manager said it would be nice but because they are a large chain they can only insert 2D photos. He said the owner would have to agree to 3d virtual tour but Google analytics shows not enough traffic to warrant it. I wanted to verify no way to install tour in major search engines.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Hotels have venues they are really keen to do everything to have them booked. I have done a few hotels for venues including luxury ones but they always do venue spaces only. Sometimes they ask to scan suites but again it is for venues to show their guests where they can stay overnight. They never asked me to do suites for hotel occupancy. However I must mention I am doing them under contracts and I am of course is not allowed to sell anything to them myself. Plus I usually deal with hotels managers responsible for marketing their venue spaces. I do not think managers responsible for venues communicate with those responsible for their suites.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
@Wingman That's actually a great point!Venues, meeting rooms, etc inside the hotels, drive the traffic and that helps fill rooms. So yeah, basically if you went out and just solicited hotels to do a 3D tour of their venue that they rent out is a pretty good idea.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@ron0987 @Wingman @GETMYVR If you have any good points to help hotel 3D tour get more visit, we can join to solve any technical problems which Matterport can't provide by now.
Capture the 3D tour would be the first step, so that anyone can visit the hotel area and get the value of the hotel remotely.

eg1. Maybe you can make the 3D tour links in to QR code. And use tiktok or youtube short to show the QR code to people if allowed.
BTW the QR code can be generated base on user login system, that means you can generate a special QR code with your ID inside, and then any hotel book through this QR code can transfer some credit for you to have discount or free night when you visit the hotel next time. With the benefit maybe some of the hotel customers would like to show the QR code to their friends or relations.

eg2. When you visit the 3D tour online, you can see a banner say: register to get your special QR code for marketing, and win discount or free night. So the visitor can share the QR code and win benefit before he visit the hotel physically. After his QR code get him enough discount or free night, he can go visit the hotel with family later in vacation.

That will make all your history, present time and future customers can be your salesman.
Today's self media already has advertising communication effects comparable to traditional media.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
@Jump it is a good idea but I cannot do anything like this. All venues spaces I do have been done are on contracts and I am just hired to do it without any copyright on my side. I can show what I have done on social and the companies that hire me are ok with it because I mention it is for their specific venue marketplace. So we are all get promoted that way and nobody is against it. However and I am 100% sure it is all going to be ok until I start using their tours for something like this.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Actually something has just come up as another potential place for offering 3D tour scanning for venues-Theme Parks. I did not think they would have any venues that are not just kids birthday parties but also conference rooms and other event spaces. However it seems they have much more and I am currently being booked for doing some venue spaces in a few big themes parks nearby that is owned by one company. I can drive there every day as it is planned as a 5 days job in a row and they are only 80-90km from me but the client provides accommodation for all nights to cut on my travel expenses.

So if you have theme parks around may be talk to their event/venue managers... it is definitely moving quite fast with using 3D Matterport tours for venues in Australia and it is not just restaurants and hotels anymore.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
@Wingman Do these clients use your MP account or do they need their own? How do you handle that since these appear to be long term hosted. TY
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GETMYVR
@Wingman Do these clients use your MP account or do they need their own? How do you handle that since these appear to be long term hosted. TY

a company that hires me has their own Matterport account. I just capture and upload to it for processing.
Post 10 IP   flag post
103404 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?