• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
QuestionsTipsTrim Tool

New Trim Tool?19093

SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
If I'm correct, do we have a new tool for additional clean-up and trimming? Can we or I remove the ceiling beams so I can look down into this space?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @SpencerLasky,
Yes the new workshop trim tool is amazing.
I'm travelling at present but I will post an example on my return.
In addition to trims around the edge and above you can create a trim 'box' to remove a complex 3D space like pitched roof.
The new trim tool is a game changer when it comes to dealing with the additional data created when scanning the outside as well as the inside of a building with the Pro3 LiDAR canera.
Oliver
Post 2 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Is this a new tool or the same one I have been using since the pro 3 came out, I'm confused.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Do you mean a trimming tool available for a 3D model when it is shown in a browser?
I am talking about Quick settings->Trim Floor By(%) that you can call by pressing "P" while your 3D tour is shown in any internet browser.
I personally discovered it only a few months ago when I accidentally pressed "P" instead of "O". Great way to trim a model vertically to see as much of a floor as you want but I am afraid it is hard for viewers to find it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
ok I found the P - but ... I had no idea that existed. thank you, and that was exactly what I wanted. I also used the trip tool in edit but that will require a little bit of a learning curve so I'll scout for a movie on that one. thanks and I'll continue to use the edit trim tool to clean up other parts.

Post 5 IP   flag post
ah I'm finding - this P for quick settings is only when the model is currently up -but once you refresh the link it no longer stays - do have that correct? So it's great if you want to quickly lift the ceiling back but it's not permanant. So back to the internal trim tool I thihnk which I understand a bit more with our matterhack movie friends
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, it does not seem to be any kind of a permanent edit and it only trims a current loaded tour until you re-load it in a browser.

If you need it to be permanent then only trimming in workshop will work in addition to trimming you do before uploading for processing.
Post 7 IP   flag post
103404 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?