Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 211 Unique Visitors
9,210 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 23,293 Page Views | 12,682 Unique Visitors | 32 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceQuestions

Overlay comparison resources (and advice)19088

JamesG private msg quote post Address this user
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of any type of comparison resources for Matterport overlay platforms.

I am aware of MPEmbed, Captur3d, Openhaus, 3D Vista, MPskin, and Treedis. I have explored each of their websites, YouTube channels, as well as searching through the WGAN forum discussions. But I am at a crossroads, trying to figure out which platform(s) to upgrade my tours with. They each seem awesome in their own way, each having their own pro/cons.

I've toyed with the idea of uploading one of my tours into each overlay platform (during free trial periods) and playing around with them to see which I like the best- but I would ideally (for times sake) like to skip this step.

My questions;

1) Does anyone know if a (somewhat current) overlay comparison article/video/discussion/etc is out there somewhere? Something that dives into each's features, as well as their benefits and disadvantages. If not, that would be an amazing piece of content, if anyone wanted to tackle it

2) What are your personal experiences with the companies that I mentioned? Recommendations? Do you use multiple platforms, depending on the project? Are you using some other really cool platform that I don't even know about?

Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Getting Started with RELA: Single Property Website Service | Tuesday, 24 July 2018

190-WGAN-TV Openhaus Themes - Pre-Built Matterport Overlay Templates for all Your Clients’ Tours! | Thursday, 1 June 2023

76-WGAN-TV Intro to 3DVista Virtual Tour Pro with Kevin Dole of Home3D.us | Thursday, 13 August 2020

117-WGAN-TV | 7 Strategies to Sell Floor Plans as an Add On with CAPTUR3D | Thursday, 9 September 2021 (Many WGAN-TV Podcasts featuring CAPTUR3D)

WGAN-TV MPEmbed - an Overlay Skin for Matterport Showcase with Founder and Developer Chris Hickman | Tuesday, January 8, 2018

WGAN-TV Live at 5 - WP3D Models Founder and Developer Ross Peterson on WP3D Models Wordpress Plugin V3.0 | Thursday, September 7, 2013

@JamesG

Welcome to the We Get Around Network Forum.

I am not aware of a WGAN Forum post that compares the various Matterport overlays (skins).

If you take on that project, please do share the results in the WGAN Forum.

The WGAN-TV Podcast episodes (above) are not exactly what you asked for, but I thought they might be a start.

Here are WGAN Forum discussions tagged:

MPEmbed
CAPTUR3D
Openhaus
3DVista
MPSkin
Treedis
Show & Tour
RELA
WP3D Models WordPress Plugin

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks Dan! This is incredibly helpful. I really appreciate you taking the time to put it together. Looking forward to diving in.
Post 3 IP   flag post
CAPTUR3D
Team
Melbourne, Australia
AlexHitchcock private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @JamesG - Alex here from the CAPTUR3D team. It would be great to do a quick demo with you to show you around the platform and all the features and services we offer. I'll send you a PM now with my demo link if you want to book something in.

Just in case you weren't aware, you can use this WGAN affiliate link when signing up to CAPTUR3D to receive $90 worth of credits for free to test out everything we offer.

Let me know if I can assist with anything else at all.

Cheers,
Alex
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks for reaching out Alex- just replied to your PM.
Post 5 IP   flag post
103799 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?