Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 211 Unique Visitors
9,210 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 23,293 Page Views | 12,682 Unique Visitors | 32 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ElevationMapping TerrainTerrain Mapping

Terrain Mapping with different elevations?19045

ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone attempted any projects of a venue where the terrain needed to be showcased in the model or venue with a stage or theater where different heights need to be showcased. If so what equipment did you use and if you would share your work flow. Thank you in advance.

If you used MP Pro3 how did the final product turn out?

Ron
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
There is no much of elevation change but there is a long walk through olive trees garden to a customer wedding ceremony spot from their building and return back creating a circuit. It has been done with a Pro3

Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman nice job, approximately how many scans did it take to get that coverage?
Post 3 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
This is the exterior of a large Trade Fair Venue I did earlier this year with the Pro3. It is created with the MPSkin overlay. From the exterior you can enter 4 buildings through all the different access points. The exterior scan took me 1 day - the postproduction another 2 days. This exterior scan is measuring more than 60.000 sqm. The total combined tour about 120.000 sqm.

Here is the Tour Link (unfortunately we still cannot emebd MPSkin overlays here on WGAN)
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron0987
@Wingman nice job, approximately how many scans did it take to get that coverage?

286 for the whole tour but I did a lot of scanning around the tree where this walk was supposed to lead and I did a circuit return through the road. The return path was not required but I had problems with people staying in the villas that belong to the same business and I did a backup walk to the same spot through the road.
Post 5 IP   flag post
My exterior had something about 450 scanpoints.

I would really like to see this new Google Earth feature coming soon to Matterport workshop. Needs to be combined as 3D Tour with the Google Tiles. This would give absolutely awesome location insights.

Matterport is the Metaverse Company for NOW. By far the most affordable and accessible solution in the market.

Post 6 IP   flag post
aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman

wow... did the pro3 get misaligned scans during the long walk down the seemingly repetitive olive trees?

the other thing i have noticed with the pro3 outdoors is it overheats quickly.
in direct sun, i usually get no more than 30 minutes or so before its starts to act up
Post 7 IP   flag post
I had no problems. It was month of March in Munich, 18 Degrees Celsius, no problems.

No alignment problems neither. I’m working with the latest generation of the iPad Pro (16GB Ram/M2).
Post 8 IP   flag post
inmerso3D private msg quote post Address this user
@MeshImages
Great job!
In the aerial view or in the dollhouse, how did you insert the full view of the area, what does Google map look like? can you do that with mpskin?
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerialpixels
@Wingman

wow... did the pro3 get misaligned scans during the long walk down the seemingly repetitive olive trees?

the other thing i have noticed with the pro3 outdoors is it overheats quickly.
in direct sun, i usually get no more than 30 minutes or so before its starts to act up

It happened a couple of times that scans could not align but it was too big of a distance between them. No problems with heating but it was not extremely hot as it was still technically a winter in Australia.

I did one scan outdoor during middle of a summer when it was over +30C which when humid is more like +35C. Both of my Blk360 and Ipad were overheated and I had to wait till both cool down.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@inmerso3D yes, you can do 2D/3D virtual staging of the dollhouse and floorplan view with MPSkin. Here is the video

Post 11 IP   flag post
inmerso3D private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeshImages
@inmerso3D yes, you can do 2D/3D virtual staging of the dollhouse and floorplan view with MPSkin. Here is the video

Thanks @MeshImages
Post 12 IP   flag post
103799 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?