• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
LargeMatterport 2023 New PricingPro3Questions

Matterport Pro3 Larger Models Pricing Scale?18945

SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
Did this just start? did not notice it on last projects till today. 200-500 is 2 scans, 500-1000 is 3 scans. Man this makes is hard for me to go back to the client - perhaps I just missed this info.
Spencer

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@SpencerLasky

WGAN Forum posts tagged: Matterport 2023 New Pricing

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@SpencerLasky

The following is from this WGAN Forum discussion:

Matterport Announces (16 May 2023) New Fees for Tours with 200+ Scan Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod

Screen Grab from Matterport Blog (16 May 2023)

Matterport tour with more than 200 scan points (spins) will count as more than one (1) active tour.

===
New policy for large spaces
Until now, spaces of every size—whether a small apartment or a massive stadium—were considered equal and counted as one active space each on your plan. It’s been this way since our founding over a decade ago.
Capture devices like our Pro3 and improvements to our capture app and Cortex AI engine now make it possible for customers to capture, process, and host massive spaces. However, these large spaces require significantly more processing and storage. As a result, we’re making a change to more closely map our business with our underlying costs and value we deliver.

As part of the updates we’re announcing today [16 May 2023], active spaces with over 200 scan points—typically more than enough to capture spaces up to 10,000 sq. ft./1,000 sq. m. (sometimes much larger depending on the space)—will use more than one active space on your plan. The chart [above] outlines how these large spaces are counted. For the majority of our customers, we expect that the 200 scan point threshold will have no impact on the way active spaces are counted on your plan.
===

Source: Matterport Blog | May 16, 2023

=> Matterport Scan Points Per-Model

--

Matterport Announces (16 May 2023) New Fees for Tours with 200+ Scan Points

Hi All,

Do you create Matterport digital twins with 200+ scan points?

Then it is going to cost you more under the pricing announced today, Tuesday, 16 May 2023.

For example, if your Matterport plan includes up to 25 active spaces and you create a Matterport space with 201 scan points, that Matterport space will count as two (2) active spaces (even though it is one space).

The new fees for tours with 200+ scan points is not retro active.

For clarification, if you have many Matterport spaces that are active (or not active) in your account - with 201 or more scan points, this Matterport models will count as one active space. Only new Matterport models with 201 or more scan points will count as more than one active space used (see chart above).

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks Dan - Matterport is really playing around with this model and making it difficult, which is a shame. Thanks for bring that up my attention that did slip past me. Unfortunately or fortunately I'm getting Large space customers. Let's see what we do and if they price themselves out of that space with the pro 3. And frankly I can't imagine slipping back to the slower and more prone to errors pro 2!

Spencer
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@SpencerLasky

Yes. It's hard to implement a business model when the underlying price structure changes.

Please keep us posted on how you move forward with your existing, large space customers.

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Well here's a thought - I will build this lastest scan over the course of many visits to the site and reprocess each time - do I get hit with larger processing fee's as well?

latest
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerLasky
Well here's a thought - I will build this lastest scan over the course of many visits to the site and reprocess each time - do I get hit with larger processing fee's as well?

@SpencerLasky

Based on the following, looks like a "gray" "matter" ...

My interpretation: As long as the model was originally processed before the price change, then the price change should not apply.

I could imagine Matterport's interpretation is: If you change a model - that was previously processed before the price change - AFTER the price change, then new pricing will apply.

Please let us know "what happens" ...

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DanSmigrod

If my interpretation is correct -- As long as the model was originally processed before the price change, then the price change should not apply --

I could imagine that you may be able to "game the system" by duplicating "a prior to price change model" - deleting all scans but one, hide the original scan and begin scanning a new ...

Matterport also reads the WGAN Forum, so I could imagine that if the above is true, they will work on plugging this leak.

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
well I would not call it a leak, it's a huge price gain post selling the hardware which in the past world we lived in would not be a good policy. We've paid dearly for the new hardware only to market with it, then have these subscription fee's double or worst the hosting costs. Bummer.

But what I was asking is: Normally when doing a big job I don't get done in one day, so I process it that night to review any issues, then the same the next night review and tomorrow if the weather holds up I'll shoot the exterior so I'll be processing the same model, same name a few times as I'm able to progressively add to it.

My specific concern is processing these more?

and or will I be charged each time I add to the scan (of same name) in the past I was not, if you add to the same scan it's one process fee.

What about BLK360 scans added to the model?

Finally can we migrate older pro 2 scans into a pro 3 approved account? I'm thinking that would not make sense since they slots are now very coveted.

thank you

Spencer
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
ScanYourSpace private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@DanSmigrod

If my interpretation is correct -- As long as the model was originally processed before the price change, then the price change should not apply --

I could imagine that you may be able to "game the system" by duplicating "a prior to price change model" - deleting all scans but one, hide the original scan and begin scanning a new ...

Matterport also reads the WGAN Forum, so I could imagine that if the above is true, they will work on plugging this leak.

Dan

I asked matterport support, this is what they said.

Thank you for contacting Matterport support. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you and address any other Matterport concerns you may have.

We understand that you would like to know if a reuploaded model will take effect on the new pricing for spaces more that consist 200 scan points or more.

Based on the provided scan number that you have, 700 then some extra scan points this will add up 3 spaces on your account. Since you were already on the new plans so this update will take effect for all your future uploads and even reuploads.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ScanYourSpace

Thanks for researching via Matterport Support.

Well, not the answer that @SpencerLasky was hoping for.

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
103404 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?