• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AcquisitionAryeoNewsShowingTimeZillow

Breaking News: Aryeo has been acquired by Zillow Group18938

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
ScanYourSpace private msg quote post Address this user

Tom Sparks Scan Your Space (a Division of Sparks Media Group) Founder and CEO Tom Sparks |
www.ScanYourSpace.com | www.SparksMediaGroup.com
Post 1 IP   flag post
Buster6070 private msg quote post Address this user
Huh, this is new. I use Aryeo and received the same message this morning. Very happy with their service since I joined. Think this is a positive or a negative? Did Zillow just buy them to incorporate their booking system for Showtime+? Should independent users be concerned?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
ScanYourSpace private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster6070
Huh, this is new. I use Aryeo and received the same message this morning. Very happy with their service since I joined. Think this is a positive or a negative? Did Zillow just buy them to incorporate their booking system for Showtime+? Should independent users be concerned?

The email is interesting..
"...offer even more features.. option to auto upload floorplans directly to zillow".
that's not a wow factor for me.

I think this is a smart business decision for the Aryeo ownership group but as an "independent" user i'd say this is going the way of what Uber/Lyft did to the taxi industry. maybe there will be a day when we all will still offer our individual services but also take on gigs from zillow to fill in the gap of business that they take. I dont know.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@ScanYourSpace I agree it was probably a great decision for Aryeo and a no brainer. I'm just curious what direction they'll take in the future. My biggest fear is them inserting their own ads or popups trying to scalp clients in some way like Matterport, or using our database to send out their own promotions. I have to check out the latest terms, but hopefully Showingtime+ can't just ripoff our client emails and start marketing to them.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Actually the more I think about it, the more I really don't like this. Zillow/Showingtime+ now has access to direct competitors in any market Aryeo currently has clients. They'll know my pricing and services which is public on my website anyway. But they'll have access to my sales volume, team size, most valuable clients, etc.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@ScanYourSpace Sorry to post again. Just wanted to post a link to their privacy policy and terms of service.

clickable text

I tried to see what information is shared but I'm no lawyer and there are references to 3rd party service providers which technically I'm guessing doesn't apply to Zillow/ShowingTime+ now since they've purchased Aryeo.

I emailed them directly with the following message.

"Hello,

First off congratulations on the recent acquisition by Zillow/ShowingTime+. I look forward to what the future holds.

I do have questions/concerns on the privacy policy though. I tried to find an answer online, but I was hoping to get it broken down in laymen terms. My biggest concern is access to my client database and my companies sales information. As ShowingTime+ is technically a direct competitor to me or any other independent photographer, I'm sure you can understand my concern that they now own the service I use that host all my information such as team size, sales volume, sales area, etc. I just want to make sure this info is private and not available to ShowingTime+ in any form for them to target market in my area base on stats gathered from my account, non-personally identifiable or not.

Thanks again for your help and answers

Jason"
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Buster6070

Please share the Aryeo reply.

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod They replied extremely fast, and it's good news.

"
Hi Jason,

Thank you for reaching out to Aryeo.

Our business operates separately from their photography arm Listing Media Services. ShowingTime+ is just the umbrella brand that each separate company sits under. Our data is completely held within Aryeo. Partnering with Aryeo is Zillow's way of bringing independent photographers into the fold and building tools that they can use.

Customer lists will not be accessible by Listing Media Services. Aryeo is (and will continue to be) its own brand and operation within ShowingTime+ focused on supporting and providing services to independent photographers. Aryeo’s privacy policy remains in place and there is no sharing of sensitive customer data with any party.

Oli

Aryeo"

Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Buster6070

Thank you for sharing. Yes. That's great news. Plus, it looks like you received a reply from one of the senior executives at Aryeo.

Best,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Zillow Group (2 August 2023) Real estate media software platform Aryeo joins ShowingTime+ to help deliver richer home shopping experiences | Aryeo acquisition will allow ShowingTime+ to facilitate more immersive, dynamic media for online real estate listings
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Moving forward, I believe that it is crucial for us to reconsider support for Aryeo and take control of your businesses' future.

Here's why:

1. Data Privacy Concerns: With the acquisition by Showingtime+, there is a risk that Aryeo's terms of service could be updated to allow the sharing of our clients' contact information across platforms. This compromises the privacy and security of our clients' data, and we must not take this risk lightly.

2. Unfair Competition: Real estate photographers who invest in providing top-quality services are unwittingly funding the cloud storage costs for our direct competition. This scenario leaves many vulnerable to potential poaching of clients by Showingtime+, benefiting from your hard work. Showingtime+ scheduling service for real estate agents has already proved this vulnerability with home buyers being poached on the same houses their agent scheduled and showed via Showingtime app.

3.Uncertain Future: The Forward-Looking Statements disclaimer in Zillow Group's announcement raises red flags. It indicates that changes may be in store for Aryeo's platform and terms of service. With Showingtime+ looking to deliver media through Aryeo, there is a possibility that our data and information could be shared across platforms without our explicit consent. This presents a serious risk to the privacy and security of our clients' contact data. Zillow took up two thirds of a page in todays announcement to emphasize things moving forward. We have seen many startups get gobbled up by investors who no longer employ the founding members of the company.

As entrepreneurs, we need to make informed decisions about where we invest our hard-earned money and trust. Supporting a platform that might compromise our clients' data privacy and expose us to unfair competition is not in our best interest.

I encourage each one of you to reevaluate your association with Aryeo and consider alternative platforms that may prioritize your data privacy, security, and fairness (I doubt many exist in todays market). By redirecting our funding away from Aryeo, we can send a clear message that we value our clients' trust and prioritize the integrity of our businesses. By staying, you are unknowingly funding the cloud storage costs for our direct competition.

Moreover, we need to address the mentality of "my service is like a Mercedes, Showingtime+ is for people who want a Kia." While it's essential to be proud of the quality of our services, such a perspective can make us vulnerable to clients being poached. The databases of real estate photographers who provide top-notch services with consistent clientele are potential gold mines for Showingtime+, providing them with valuable client contact information. You may not loose all of your clients, but you may loose a couple. Especially now, when listing inventory is low and agents have less incoming commissions to sustain their livelihood in an economy with ongoing inflation.

Be proactive in protecting your interests and shaping the future of our industry. We have the power to make a difference by voting with our wallets and supporting platforms that truly align with our values if you can find one.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
being in the internet development side of things since 1994 zillow has bought other companies...one of which was diverse solutions, an idx provider.

I am a developer partner for idx with diverse solutions before, during and after they acquired them. Agents worried about them taking their clients, crossing privacy issues, etc. etc.

Nothing happened.

There is more going on with matterport than ever will with zillow.

In 29 years I have learned the "go with what you have not what you wished you have" and if you have your work (the average matterport is substandard) site,seo, social media, reputation, brand and newsletters running properly you can use aryeo and matterport with nothing to worry about.

Use great products on its advantage at the time not that they MIGHT turn evil.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

From the WGAN Forum discussion:

Zillow Acquires RE Platform Aryeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Hopscotch
In early August, Zillow acquired a start-up (founded in 2019) called Aryeo. Aryeo is a booking and delivery platform with 1500 agency users, and about 150,000 agents getting their media delivered via the platform (150 agencies x 100 clients / year = about 150,000 sounds good and is easy math right?) here's my take on it, and please feel free to weigh-in. I don't have Showingtime in my area, and so I am largely unfamiliar (no personal experience with it), but it seems like a lot of photographers do some work for them in other markets and could weigh-in on that part of the strategy and provide more insight.

Post 13 IP   flag post
103404 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?