• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360AdviceMatterportQuestionsRicohTransfer

Any way to transfer a Ricoh 360 tour to Matterport?18930

wildcatdave71 private msg quote post Address this user
I have a single client using a tour created years ago on Ricoh 360. I now currently use Matterport for various reasons. The client is paying my subsciption to Ricoh 360 just so they can continue to use the tour. I cannot reshoot the property as it a retirement home that is now occupied and we shot it when it was first built. I was wondering if there is anyway to get the tour transferred in a usable state from Ricoh 360 to Matterport. I no longer have the original images on any camera.

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
You would need the original 360's to possibly pull into 360 image import beta (iOS or Android) my fear with a 360 tour is that you wouldn't have enough 360's to complete a Matterport tour

Just logged into my Ricoh account you can download the panos from a tour

Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Plus side is Ricoh is giving you the full resolution of which ever camera you used

Post 3 IP   flag post
Okay thanks I'll take a look at that and see if I can download them. I know the other thing that the matterport app does is take digital data independent of the actual image data and I don't know if it needs that to build the mesh. I guess I'll tinker around with it and see what I can do. I feel bad that the client is paying $500 a year to have this one virtual tour hosted. Especially considering I was the one that chose to leave Ricoh tours and go to matterport.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I had done this with a single 360 photo I had on my phone at dinner one night. Matterport does build out a mesh from the 360 image in a similar manner if you had actually used a connected 360 camera

Post 5 IP   flag post
Well that sounds promising. I'll try to get those images pulled off of Ricoh's site and then dumped over into matterport and see how it turns out. I'll let you guys know. Hopefully have some time this weekend to fight with it. Thanks everybody, greatly appreciate all the help I always get here.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
And for what it's worth, in my latest IOS Capture App update, they included importing non-resident 360's, so you got hope!
Post 7 IP   flag post
103404 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?