• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
iPad Pro 2020iPad Pro 2022 M2QuestionsVersus

iPad Pro 2022 M2 vs iPad Pro 2020 A12Z capture processing time?18900

dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
Is there anyone who had a 2020 Ipad Pro with 6GB RAM who moved to Ipad Pro 2022 with 16 GB Ram who can comment on performance difference? We find ourselves doing really large scans lately and are trying to find a way to "hardware whip" being able to capture contiguous larger spaces.

I think we have Ipad Pros of each generation through 2020. Last week a 2016 Pro rolled over and surrendered on a large scan. Today we are importing that scan to a 2020 Pro to see if it does any better. If not we'll probably pick up the M2 Pro. The 2020 has the newer faster wifi, more Ram, and faster processor than the 2016 but it is bulkier to carry at 12.9 vs 9.7. I see the M2 has AI architecture the 2020 A12Z doesn't have. Wondering if it helps (and 16 GB Ram).

Can anyone comment on how much it improved capture and processing time - if at all?
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, I’ve made the switch earlier this year. The M2 16GB allows faster processing (in the beginning) and above 1.000 scans (Pro3) similar speed like the 2020 ipad Pro.

Even though there is an ipad M3 on the horizon (2024), I would always recommend to switch to the M2.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks,

The switch we did from 2016 to 2020 Pro made a huge difference. This is also Pro3. I think we're at about 600 scans on this space now with no issues at all and it is over 100K ft2. Matterport said 1k scans was their physical limitation. Have you done any spaces over 1K scan points?
Post 3 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
My maximum was 26.000 sqm with about 1.500
scans. But I think you can go beyond this number if you don’t delete and re-scan too often.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Wow nice to know! We did 100K ft2 on this scan at 600 scans with no issues at all on the 2020 Pro with 6 GB Ram. Earlier Pro failed miserably so looks like A12Z and M1 and M2 are "go tos" for larger scans using Pro3.
Post 5 IP   flag post
103404 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?