• Split-Screen: As-Built/BIM/Matterport
• Timeline for Collaboration and Docs.
• Stakeholders Communications
• Enhancing IoT Control
• Facility Management
• IoT Control of Hardware
• Data/Asset Management
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 299 Unique Visitors
9,173 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 26,652 Page Views | 13,387 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
4DAGE4DAGE 3D VR 360 Camera4DAGE MEGA4DKanKan4DKanKan Pro4DMega4DMinionQuestions

Thoughts on this Matterport alternative?18867

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
First I've heard of these cameras ( "4DMega", "4DMinion" and "4DKanKan" ) from the company 4DAGE. https://www.4dkankan.com/#/

Anyone have any familiarity with them?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic Member
Boston
Noddy private msg quote post Address this user
Very interesting! Would love to know about their pricing and hosting (no numbers on their website it seems.. )
-Following
Post 2 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@Noddy I think it's from China. At least it was a Chinese real estate client of mine who introduced me to it.

I asked what the device has for hosting. English is his secondary language, but he wrote me: "My device operates very much like Matterport ,3D tour can be downloaded to a computer or only used online.

This device is also paid annually and can choose different price packages. If you want to download to a computer frequently, the package price will be higher. If you only watch online, the annual fee will be much cheaper."
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Meidansha private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve seen it before but didn’t know the name. Thanks for the share!

That they allow downloads is interesting. If that means down load the your (as opposed to .obj etc) then that could mean self hosting is possible.

Looking at their webpage I can’t imagine that the provided hosting would be able to handle any capacity.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Lisbon, Portugal and London
Pedrotex69 private msg quote post Address this user
I found this in their website:

LU YANG, 36Kr
August 1, 2020 13:08 JST
BEIJING -- 4DAGE, a Chinese startup that develops 3D digital data technology, has launched a camera that can produce 3D images.

The "4DKanKan Pro," priced from 9,800 yuan ($1,406) each, creates 3D images that are especially useful in capturing rooms and properties that can be used by real estate agents. It can also take images that can be used in online exhibitions.

The photographer simply uploads the photos taken and the technology will recreate the images in 3D. This eliminates the need for professional photographers and cutting the time it takes to recreate such models. Weighing just 660 grams, the camera is much lighter than conventional ones that typically weigh more than 1 kg.

4DKanKan is able to discern the surface asperity of an object using algorithm-based simulation, removing the need for a lot of equipment. Under certain conditions, the technology can also be used to model photos with a smartphone.

The company was already mass producing 4DKanKan in April and orders have surpassed 10,000 units. Besides selling the system, 4DAGE also allows public access to its application programming interface, making it possible for users to develop apps themselves for their own convenience as well as providing a customized service for a price.

On top of the real estate sector, the camera can also be used for online exhibitions, in insurance, policing and for a future smart city.

4DAGE has worked on developing and commercializing 3D digital technology for corporate customers using artificial intelligence since it was founded in 2014. The company has obtained 150 patents primarily in automatic 3D modeling, high-precision robot vision, visual simultaneous localization and mapping, and artificial intelligence vision.

Of them, 60 are patented inventions and 10 are international patents. It also owns more than 100,000 pieces of 3D space data, having set up a databank for deep learning.

Greenlight Insights, which analyzes the augmented reality and virtual reality market, forecasts that the size of the global VR industry will reach 160 billion yuan in 2020. The Chinese VR industry alone will grow to 90 billion yuan, it said. In 3D modeling, REALSEE, a subsidiary of China's major real estate agency Lianjia, is also well known.

4DAGE is proceeding with fundraising in a pre-Series A round. All shareholders of the company are founding members and 4DAGE said it has posted a profit since it turned around in 2017.

36Kr, a Chinese tech news portal founded in Beijing in 2010, has more than 150 million readers worldwide. Nikkei announced a partnership with 36Kr on May 22, 2019.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN Forum related discussions:

4DAGE MEGA: new scanner similar to a Pro3

4DAGE 3D VR 360 Camera CES2020
Post 6 IP   flag post
103404 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?